Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Error at shutdown


I get this message pretty much every night I shut down the computer. I had it while using windows 8.1 and when I upgraded to windows 10 I was still having the issue.

Open CMD as Admin, and run sfc /scannow then reboot. Hopefully that will fix any system files that may be causing that.

Where is command prompt located in windows 10? I can't find it.

Click on the Start button, or if you have Cortana on the taskbar, click in the search box. Just start typing "command", and it should show as a result. Right click to run as admin.

That's why I did but it keep searching and searching but nothing coming up.

Finally found it by searching files and folders. This stinks though I can't find my snipping tool either. Cortana is just a black blank screen with the dots going across the top like it's searching but nothing comes up. Anyways here is the results of the scan. Please I need help now =

[/URL]

Check these threads out. Hopefully one has the answer:

Solved sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them. - Windows 10 blog

Solved SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files DISM fails - Windows 10 blog

Where is command prompt located in windows 10? I can't find it.
Right click , select Command Prompt (Admin)



The Snipping Tool can be found under All apps in the Start menu in the Windows Accessories folder.

Check these threads out. Hopefully one has the answer:

Solved sfc /scannow found corrupted files but could not fix them. - Windows 10 blog

Solved SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files DISM fails - Windows 10 blog
As I stated I had this problem before installing Windows 10 I had the problem with Windows 8.1. Do you think this will still solve my situation?

Ok, I did this command in command prompt Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and then ran sfc /scannow at which is said it successfully did whatever it's supposed to successfully do. When I went to restart I got the same error as I posted in my originally post. However when it came back on after the restarted and I ran sfc /scannow again nothing was found. So I restarted again no error message. Going to play a couple days to see if it's fix so please leave this thread open for me. If it's fixed I'll come back and mark it as solved.

Error at shutdown