Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Home screen doesn't update?


Hi

When you open File Manager, it opens to the Home Screen.

It saves a list of recently opened files and folders.

I noticed that it continues to show folders that are no longer there.
I moved one and deleted 2 others but even after rebooting it shows the folders in the Frequent Folders category.

If I click on them it says that it can't find them, that they may have been moved or deleted, but it don't see anyway to get it to update the screen.

It continues to show the folders that are no longer there.

Anyone know how to make the screen update?

Mike

mike,
this is somewhat like my earlier post where i uninstalled a program, but i cant remove/delete it in apps

Roy

Anyone know how to make the screen update?

Mike
On the Ribbon, click 'File'/'Delete history/Recent folders list

Hi

That made the files that I've opened recently disappear but the folders even the ones that have been deleted are still there.

Mike

Hello Mike,

Uncheck the Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar box, click Apply, check the box again, click OKlike in Option One of the tutorial below, and open File Explorer to check Home to see if they are still there. This would normally clear "Frequent Folders" in Home for you.

Recent Items and Frequent Places - Turn On or Off

Hi Brink

That worked, I also figured out that if I tried to open them from the File/Frequent Places list, it would tell me it couldn't find it and then ask if I wanted to delete the shortcut.

But I think I'll just leave the feature turned off for now.

Mike

I'm sure that eventually it would update and remove the recently opened items, but yeah it would be nice to have it done immediately when the folders were deleted.

Is it possible to totally remove the "Home" entry from the Navigation pane in File Explorer?

Hi Brink

That worked, I also figured out that if I tried to open them from the File/Frequent Places list, it would tell me it couldn't find it and then ask if I wanted to delete the shortcut.

But I think I'll just leave the feature turned off for now.

Mike
Did you report this to MS? If not you should.

It's normal. It just takes some time for recent items and such to update to remove the deleted items like it does with the search index updating.

Home screen doesn't update?