Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Screenshots


There used to be a way to press a shortcut, and have the screenshot program launch in 'capture rectangular' mode. I haven't had that feature fore a while, so I have started using Lightshot. But since discovering these blog, I figured I would ask if there is a way to make the snipping tool behaving like that.

There is the snipping tool that might get the job done for you.
It's built into Windows.
HTH

Thanks for the suggestion. I am definitely aware of the snipping tool. However in in windows 7, you could press Win+S or something like that to have it auto launch the tool, and go into rectangular mode.

In Win8/10 I have assigned a shortcut to the snipping tool, but that only launches the tool, it doesn't put it in capture mode, like the shortcut for lightshot does.

In Win8/10 I have assigned a shortcut to the snipping tool, but that only launches the tool, it doesn't put it in capture mode, like the shortcut for lightshot does.
Yes, it has been discussed about this in Windows 8 Forum and it is a difference on how Snipping tool works in 7 & 8/10.

In 8/10, it provides a way for users to select what type of snip they want (Windows/Region/Full Screen/Free-form) first then they would have either click on Newor use the shorcut key: Ctrl+Prnsrcnto put it in snipping mode. To get out of snipping mode, use ESC

I never used the native snip tool. Right now I am using Qsnap on Win 10. It's a free snipping program with built-in editing tools.



It is actually a free program from my Qnap NAS but I think anyone can download it.

Here's the link:


I never used the native snip tool. Right now I am using Qsnap on Win 10. It's a free snipping program with built-in editing tools.



It is actually a free program from my Qnap NAS but I think anyone can download it.

Here's the link:

Qsnap
Thanks for the link. I'll check this one out today.
Jeff

Win key + PrtScn key

Hi

I don't find anything wrong with the Snipping Tool.

I have the icon on my taskbar so anytime I need an image of part of my screen I just click on it drag around the area I want and save it where I want.

It's quick and easy.



Mike
 

Yeah nothing wrong with snip except it doesn't have the built-in annotation capability. Qsnap is FREE (and works with Win 10) so nothing wrong with that as well.




Sample annotated screencapture:


I tried Qsnap out and I like it!!

Screenshots