Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

TP Link WR741ND


First of all I live in Ecuador. I have the above router and cannot log into the screen which allows me to install VPN software in the router it self. When I type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of edge, chrome and IE the login page comes up i put the login information in and push ok it brings me back to the login page again. I have turned off the firewall in all cases.
I have done this wired and wireless with the same result...Please someone help me.
I have pinged 192.168.0.1 and that works fine

Sounds like wrong userid or password?

I log into the router wireless with the same user name and password I used to try to get to the change screen....so I don't think so.

Your default IP is 192.168.1.1
User: admin
password: admin

You might find an alternate method in these faqs.
I have been using a tp-link until recently and the firmware had an upgrade.
I stopped and got Linksky because the tp-link consistently dropped the contact with the internet since the Win10 install.
The linksy was the cheapest model and cost less than the tp-link.
NO interupts since the very easy setup with the Linksy

There is no VPN software that needs installed on the Gateway. You set up a VPN connection in Windows 10, or install the software that your company requires. If you set the VPN up on the Gateway itself. It can cause all of your traffic to route through the VPN, if it is for work.

thank you. one question, how does the VPN get to the roku, it is a device on my home network and is attached to a television

thank you. one question, how does the VPN get to the roku, it is a device on my home network and is attached to a television
You don't use VPN for devices on your home network. You use VPN to attach a device to your home network over the internet when you are away from home.

You don't use VPN for devices on your home network. You use VPN to attach a device to your home network over the internet when you are away from home.
I am thinking that the OP is trying to get around restrictions in the country they are in, to receive U.S. media, instead of Central America media.

It can be done if they did some searching. I know how to get around that ban, but I am not going to discuss the topic on this forum and risk to get banned.

I am thinking that the OP is trying to get around restrictions in the country they are in, to receive U.S. media, instead of Central America media.
Yeah, hadn't thought of that. I'm used to VPN into my home network, not out from it :-)

TP Link WR741ND