Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

How to change the default location in the weather app?


I accidentally set the wrong location as default in Weather, and can't see how to change it!
Anyone?

I accidentally set the wrong location as default in Weather, and can't see how to change it!
Anyone?
Hi imacken, and welcome to Windows windowssh blog!

That's good question. With an MS account, I tried but it seems that I would have to signin with a different account to do so.
Maybe with a local account the options are different.
Sorry, that wasn't much help but I'll keep looking into it.
Enjoy your stay with us.

Thanks Edwin. Really annoying having weather from Constantine Algeria, instead of Constantine UK!
I'm just jealous of all that sunshine!

Go to Settings>Privacy>Location, scroll down a little, and you will see this:

Seems to do it for mine.

Thanks, but I don't understand what you mean. I see that 'Choose apps...' screen, but, what then?

I think he means use the location finder function. I'm having somewhat the same problem. Mine shows London UK but I live in Bamberg Germany. I have everything sync'd(always) and in the search field even got my weather but I will not stick after closing. The best version of weather was in 49 in my opinion, 74's unfinished(too many coming soon's).

That's the thing, you can temporarily get it to show another city's weather, but it doesn't change the default!

That's the thing, you can temporarily get it to show another city's weather, but it doesn't change the default!
Exactly same here

I'm not sure, but I think mine is working because of this:

If you go to msn.com and sign in, then click on the weather icon,
(in the red box) it will take you here,


then you click on either the tear drop or down arrow,
(in the red box). The tear drop is supposed to locate you automatically,
but it didn't work so good for me. The down arrow opens a sub-menu,
where you can custom set your location, which is what
I had to do. I think the weather app then somehow
ties into your msn account for the info.

Doesn't work for me. My location is set correctly on msn.com, but it doesn't carry over to Windows 10!

How to change the default location in the weather app?