Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Update glitches


Hi, I have HP Pavilion laptop bought just two weeks ago with Windows 10 preinstalled . I'm having serious glitches with updates. First since yesterday I see all the time in the power menu options "Update and restart" and "Update and shoot down", however whenever I hit "Update and restart" it just restarts without any update being installed and the same option "update and restart"/"update and shoot down" appears again. The second glitch is pertaining to update schedule. I change the update option from automatic to "notify me" and changed time scheduled at convenient time, however whenever I restart my computer the scheduled restart time jumps back to 3 AM "tomorrow". Thus actually when I'm leaving my computer to download something overnight it is going to restart by itself. What should I do?

Hi, could you post a screenshot of your update history please?

The second glitch is pertaining to update schedule. I change the update option from automatic to "notify me" and changed time scheduled at convenient time, however whenever I restart my computer the scheduled restart time jumps back to 3 AM "tomorrow". Thus actually when I'm leaving my computer to download something overnight it is going to restart by itself. What should I do?
Run CMD as admin and enter this:

reg add "HKLMSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindowsWindowsUpdateAU" /v "AlwaysAutoRebootAtScheduledTime" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKLMSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftWindowsWindowsUpdateAU" /v "NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f

As for fixing Windows Updates, try this, run it as admin:
  • WUFix.bat (3.2 KB, 6 views)

Here is screenshot
,
Actually the problem with update schedule was sorted somehow, while when I've tried to run WUfix file it was blocked by Smart Screen

Hi, there is an option on the Smart Screen dialogue to let it run anyway..

Ok, I run this file, but it did nothing

First go here, try the troubleshooter:



Try Tweaking.com's repair tool (freeware).
Untick all the other repairs, select only Windows update.
Note the cautious stages preceding the repair. You'd be wise to observe at least some of these.

Actually I did try troubleshooter, it didn't help. Well, thanks, don't thing will try something that may hurt the system

Thank you so much for thinking I'd suggest sthg that would do damage.

I was going to make another comment, but I'll leave you to this. Good luck.

Sorry for offending you. I ran this tool, it found quite a score of crashes, some of which I experienced indeed some others I didn't noticed at all. But unfortunately the repair function (or so I understood) isn't done for free...

Update glitches