Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Mail Notification Question


Gmail is my main email and I have it set up in the Mail app. It's configured to use Notifications but I'm not getting anything when email arrives. Anyone else having this problem, or does notifications only work with Outlook accounts?

Gmail is my main email and I have it set up in the Mail app. It's configured to use Notifications but I'm not getting anything when email arrives. Anyone else having this problem, or does notifications only work with Outlook accounts?
I use Yahoo mail and I have the exact same problem. I got absolutely no notifications of any kind. I have notifications enabled in the Mail App. Interestingly, under Settings -> System -> Notifications & actions, there is a section called "Show notifications from these apps". For me, the Mail App does not show up on the list of Apps despite the fact that they are enabled within the app itself. Is Mail there for you under that setting?

The same problem!
Neither Google, neither OutLook account send notification.
I have button for mail app in notification settings, but it does nothing.
Sometimes few last mails shown in Action center, but only after much time, when they probably already where seen by me.
If the MailApp is active and you send mail to yourself, it received it almost on-line, very fast. You don't need to push sync button.
So it`s probably have a good connections with the servers, but why it can just show notification?

I get the same, outlook and gmail

one thing I have noticed, although not looked too much into it, if you look at the built in calendar app (mail and calendar are linked) there is an option for working hours, mine defaults to 9am to 5pm, if I receive an email outside these hours I never get a notification

not sure if its related, just something I came across while looking at this problem

I get the same, outlook and gmail

one thing I have noticed, although not looked too much into it, if you look at the built in calendar app (mail and calendar are linked) there is an option for working hours, mine defaults to 9am to 5pm, if I receive an email outside these hours I never get a notification

not sure if its related, just something I came across while looking at this problem

Just tried. Still nothing...

my only other possible thought is it is somehow related to Cortana and quiet hours

Cortana seems broken for me at the moment and cannot access it to check the settings

EDIT: got Cortana working and don't see any options there

Do YOU receive any notification to Action Center at all?
If you do, from what apps or services?

I do get them, but they seem very random

I have had twitter, feedback, calendar and some emails notifications, but I cant rely on them, I see the notifications on phone immediately, but win 10 is hit and miss

I do get them, but they seem very random

I have had twitter, feedback, calendar and some emails notifications, but I cant rely on them, I see the notifications on phone immediately, but win 10 is hit and miss

Ok, it seems I understand.
Microsoft still don't know what users need))
Probably it`s because no one in Microsoft really works on Windows PC. There is no other explanation, why they release Win OS in 2015 without basic functionality. Without ability to stay connected to the world and just receive mails!!!))) OMG!
At least it`s work smooth....

just done a test

with mail open, I have just sent various emails from my phone to my accounts, notifications all received
with mail closed I get nothing

this is how it works with outlook (part of office), it has to be open for norifications

I assumed mail would run in the background as it did in 8, perhaps this is not the case with 10

Mail Notification Question