Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Mailto: in Browsers not working


Good Day,
I have recently upgrade to windows 10 and the mailto: links dont work anymore. Running outlook 2013. When I go to a webpage with a clickable email it no longer opens outlook new message. I tried to check the default programs, made sure that outlook is the default for mailto:. This feature worked fine with my windows 8.1
Can anyone advice?
Thank you

Hi Alex,
has this been solved yet? I have the same problem.
Kind regards
Suzy

Have you used the configuration screen ? Use the PC settings- System - Standard apps. There you should be able to pick the right program

Hi Alex,
has this been solved yet? I have the same problem.
Kind regards
Suzy
Try Settings/ System/Default Apps scroll to the bottom/ Choose default application by protocol.

 

This is already selected! Set to outlook and still not working

Try Settings/ System/Default Apps scroll to the bottom/ Choose default application by protocol.


Instead of default application by protocol, select Default application by app. Choose your app and Click the first option. Check and if it is still not OK choose the second option.

Instead of default application by protocol, select Default application by app. Choose your app and Click the first option. Check and if it is still not OK choose the second option.
I did what you mentioned and still same problem!

Je kan je standaard programmas wijzigen in PC Instellingen van Windows 10 maar ook in het configuratiescherm Standaardprogrammas. Misschien daar ook eens de mogelijkheden proberen.

Hi people. Here we are in August 2016 and I just upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and am having the same problem. No matter what I try, mailto links won't work now to Pegasus Mail, from any browser. And yes, I've tried the system settings and they are set to the Pegasus Mail Sendto exe file. But I get an error when clicking any email sendto link from any browser.

I posted this into new thread last week - no response as yet!


I guess Microsoft just doesn't care about this issue as indeed it's now August 2016and the first post to this thread was back in October 2015.

My post reads

This application's email address URL's work with every other operating system our users have - including earlier versions of Windows - but NOT 10.

I've seen other posts about this going back to June/July 2015 - how come it still seems to be happening over 12 months later?

Mailto: in Browsers not working