Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

cannot change windows update settings


I tried to change the windows update settings and I can’t!!!!!
I get a message saying that some settings are managed by my system administrator!!!!!
I am the only user in this laptop with administrator privileges…

How comes that I can’t change the settings?

How to Change Windows Update Settings When Managed or Disabled by System Administrator? - AskVG

Give that a try.

I don't think you can while on the TP

I am sure I read that updates are compulsory so you cannot change the options


During the Technical Preview the Windows Update option cannot be turned off. See number 8 here 10 Things You Should Know Before Installing Windows 10 Technical Preview

The registry hack in the article I linked to appears to work. At least, the drop down menu is available.

I don't think you can while on the TP

I am sure I read that updates are compulsory so you cannot change the options

Before you install Windows Technical Preview - Microsoft Windows
Sure you can. Since I want to know what is being updated instead of letting Windows silently installs it.


So are MS lying when they say, I haven't tried to turn them off, not in win 10 at the moment to try, my above comments where just what I read about it

Notes



    • Windows Update will be set to automatically install important updates as they become available. You won’t be able to turn off automatic updates in Windows Technical Preview.

with a preview/beta, for once I WANT them to control it.

How to Change Windows Update Settings When Managed or Disabled by System Administrator? - AskVG

Give that a try.
Thanks... It did the job!

How to Change Windows Update Settings When Managed or Disabled by System Administrator? - AskVG

Give that a try.
Is it now not possible to change the settings?
I have tried both methods mentioned in the above linked article but still no drop down menu in the Windows Updates section even though the settings in both areas show that the option to change the settings (option 5) are set.

Anyone?

cannot change windows update settings