Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Can i get back "Favorites" in place of "Quick access"? And updates..


I couldn't find such tweak.. This is a major issue to me. I need the "Favorites" pane back where i can drop whatever i want. I use that daily! I can't stay on 10 without it. Also, about updates, i saw there are tweaks to stop forced updates but then how is it? Do you get to choose what you want, one by one, like in the previous Windows? Please tell me, thanks!

You still have "Favorites"...just right click a folder or file and click "Pin to Quick Access".

If you don't want your recently used files and folders to appear there, uncheck the respective check boxes in Folder Options (it's under privacy).

That's ok for folders but not apps/files and I need that!!

This might help, the Favorites folder is still in where it was in Win7 it is just not used by MS Edge. I created a toolbar on the taskbar with help from member Slartybar so I have quick access to it. As far as the updates I think it is all or nothing, I tweaked the local Group Policy Editor to just notify so I can download and install when I choose.

I'm not actually sure about pinning files and programs to Quick Access. But concerning the update question, you have to either install every update or none at all. There is a workaround that totally disables Windows Update, and if you choose to re-enable Windows Update, you can't install the updates individually.

If you look at top of desktop when you have page open you will see a star.
Click on that and you can add either a file or folder.
Then when you want to use it click on the 3 lines one above the other.
That will open up your favourites and you can just click and the page/forum will open for you

I couldn't find such tweak.. This is a major issue to me. I need the "Favorites" pane back where i can drop whatever i want. I use that daily! I can't stay on 10 without it. Also, about updates, i saw there are tweaks to stop forced updates but then how is it? Do you get to choose what you want, one by one, like in the previous Windows? Please tell me, thanks!
Have a look at this tutorial.
Quick Access - Add or Remove Favorites in Windows 10

I am not asking you to use the tutorial, just ask you to read the Information section :

excerpt..............
Windows 10 replaced Favoritesfrom previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the shortest route to files you've been working on and folders you often use. These are your frequent foldersand recent files.

Some people here talk about browser.. It's about the file explorer actually..

Some people here talk about browser.. It's about the file explorer actually..
I know what you were asking about.
That is why I showed you the tutorial about Quick Access vs Favorites.
The tutorial also talks about adding favorites to Quick Access.

Yeah thanks.. Still missing files shortcuts.. Strange the Russians didn't tweak that yet.. Perhaps we missed it?

Can i get back