Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

burning dvds


I have a movie downloaded on my laptop. I am using win10. I put dvd into the drive. I press burn dvd, but it does nothing. Also, the page stops responding. Thanks for your help.

Hi, without further programs installed, you can't burn a DVD from video files in Win 10. You can burn data files or iso files.
Make DVDs on Windows 10 - Windows Help -

Burning a video DVD requires software that supports menu creation, chapters etc.

E.g.
Windows 10: WinX DVD Author - Free DVD Maker, Free DVD Burner Software

If it is DRM protected, it will never burn to a DVD.

A DVD authoring software is usually needed. What are the type of movie files, MKV ? These videos need to be converted to certain types of files to be able to be played on many DVD players. I use a program to make Blu-ray movies which is excellent but at a cost, they also make one for just DVD movies. Makes flawless movies with 2.0, 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS. I never wasted a blank DVD or Blu ray disc using this software.


for Blu-ray

Where can I download movies to burn without registering credit card? Thanks!

I don't think there is a way legally.

If your going to use a service to download online how else would you pay, cash ? Vudu is one. Most stuff these days are streaming movies.

I have a movie downloaded on my laptop. I am using win10. I put dvd into the drive. I press burn dvd, but it does nothing. Also, the page stops responding. Thanks for your help.
Hi there
If it's an MKV or MP4 file you can actually burn to a DVD using DeDvDE
It's primarily Linux now but you can create DVD's (not Blu Ray) with the older Windows version - link in the article - version 3.17 for Windows

DeVeDeNG 4.7.0 - Download

You can burn to an ISO image as well.

I haven't used this for a while as most of my movies etc are now rips and I play via streaming but if you have to create an ISO it should still work (The Linux version works with no problems --been a while since tried the Windows version though). I used to use this to make physical DVD's for my parents of some of my ripped / downloaded movies -- I've since taught them how to access my server -- much easier !! so they can access via their smart TV rather than mess around with a physical DVD player.

Cheers
jimbo

Where can I download movies to burn without registering credit card? Thanks!
Unless they're public domain you can't.

I don't think there is a way legally.
No there is not. Under the gray area of the rules, it says that as long as you have physically purchased the copy of the DVD or Blu-ray, you are allowed one image copy.

There are tools for Linux that are used. But not always do they work.

The last one I copied was the DVD they ran at my wife's grandmother's funeral.

burning dvds