Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Recovery Disk not working


When I tried to make a recovery disk I get a message saying that there are files missing. How do I fix this

Please open the Admin command prompt and run: reagentc /info
Take a screen shot and post it.In addition, also post a screen shot of disk management

They should look like as shown below:



My nephew cloned the OS to a second hdd I have when I was out of town. Now I have problems.


Please open the Admin command prompt and run: reagentc /info
Take a screen shot and post it.In addition, also post a screen shot of disk management

They should look like as shown below:



Can you also run: reagentc /infofrom admin command prompt and post a screen shot

Can you also run: reagentc /infofrom admin command prompt and post a screen shot


From the screen shot, you can see that Windows cannot locate the Windows RE Location so the status is disabled.
I saw that you have 2 different versions of OS. One on disk 0 and the other on disk 1. On disk 0, you probably did an upgrade to 10 from 7 so Windows create an extra Recovery partition next to F: Drive. If your nephew did a clone from disk 0 to disk 1. The recovery partition is off by one since he did not clone the 100MB to disk 1.

You need to find out if WinRe.wim is actually being relocated to partition 2 of disk 1. You can also try from admin command prompt to run:

  1. diskpart
  2. select disk 1
  3. select partition 2
  4. assign letter=R
  5. exit
  6. reagentc.exe /setreimage /path R:RecoveryWindowsRE /target C:windows
  7. Try create a recovery disk to see if it works


NOTE:If you take a look at my screen shot. You'd see the WinRe.wim is located in disk 0 partition 1 and the status is enabled.

Thank you very much. That solved the problem. I want to format my second drive, but it won't let me

Again from your screen shot.You are currently running Windows on 2nd disk. You can't format it.

I can boot into Drive C. However when I looked into reagentc /info It shows windows re disabled Here's the screenshots



Again from your screen shot.You are currently running Windows on 2nd disk. You can't format it.

Recovery Disk not working