Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

WiFi driver issue, Wont turn on


I don't really know how to say this but my wifi wont turn on, when I diagnose the driver it says I need to turn the wifi button thing on but this laptop doesn't have one so how do I enable wifi without the button

Welcome to the blog jjwardy. What model is your laptop? We will try to help you turn it on but we need system specs.

System Specs - Fill in at windowssh blog


I just updated my specs on my profile is that better?

Thank you. Give me a few minutes and I will try to post something to help you.

Cant seem to find a manual but found this


‎04-25-2010 09:14 AM
I had this problem - drove me crazy. Pressed FN and F8 and the icon would pop up and tell me to turn on the communication switch. There is no physical "switch" on my laptop. (Satellite/Windows 7)

BUT - I figured it out FINALLY!!!:
press START
All Programs
Toshiba
Utilities
HW Setup
LAN

and there it is!!!! "Wireless Communication Switch"
click the box that says "on"




Source



Let us know if this works

Cant seem to find a maual but found this


‎04-25-2010 09:14 AM
I had this problem - drove me crazy. Pressed FN and F8 and the icon would pop up and tell me to turn on the communication switch. There is no physical "switch" on my laptop. (Satellite/Windows 7)

BUT - I figured it out FINALLY!!!:
press START
All Programs
Toshiba
Utilities
HW Setup
LAN

and there it is!!!! "Wireless Communication Switch"
click the box that says "on"




Source



Let us know if this works
i dont have a Toshiba app or anything like that, and I don't know where all programs is

Take another look at the front of the laptop for a switch and try pressing FN +F8

Take another look at the front of the laptop for a switch and try pressing FN +F8
ive looked al over and fn+f8 makes the next song come on :/ this is annoying. I even went into the bios thing and setup defaults and that's not fixed it

Try hitting the F12 key

Try hitting the F12 key
FN+F12 turns airplane mode on

WiFi driver issue, Wont turn on