Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

"Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes"


Hi

I'm done setting up Windows 10.

I have all my software installed, my links all set up, and I've made a disk image of the Windows 10 partition.

I removed all the app links from the start menu, and move the Feed Back Icon to the task bar.

Does this look like Windows 7?



It boots from off to the desktop in just a few seconds and I don't have an SSD.

This is what Windows 8 should have been, but at least they got it right in the end.

Mike
 

Does this look like Windows 7?
Honestly, no, but I guess its as close as you'll get without 3rd party software.

The Start Menu is upside down except for the search bar. The power button is at the top and does not have an exposed "Shut down" button like 7. Shut down is within the power button menu. There are no items at the right like the old menu (My Computer, Control Panel, My Docs, etc). Where's the CP shortcut?

I see PC Settings remains in the Modern. The old round Start Button continues to be the new Start Flag. I see Bing is integrated into search since it shows "Search everywhere".

There's a search button eyeglass on the Taskbar which is redundant. Then there's that hideous row of boxes that your desktop icons are in. Is that some kind of dock?

Other than that it looks like 7.

It looks like a modern version of Windows 7. Although the start menu seems VERY Windows Classic-esque.

In retrospect, what 10 is accomplishing would have been a better approach to Windows 8 for sure, but the whole focus of Windows 8 was primarily a consumer crowd and a stop-gap for a touch/tablet oriented OS as there wasn't a need for an OS at the time for the enterprise as 7 filled that gap just fine.

No it doesn`t, but here ya go



How?

I`ll give you a hint ...... Look at the 3rd icon down in the left hand column

Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun!

I`ll give you a hint ...... Look at the 3rd icon down in the left hand column

Classic Shell on Win 10 - Twice the Fun!
Thanks Brian!

Cute Emoticon Joe, how you do dat ???

That's Luca Brasi from "The Godfather" at the moment of his...demise. Found it on Google Images I think?

No, I mean your emoticon waving his hat around, not your avatar.