Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Windows 10 Temp Folder


I have 19 items in my temp folder that will not delete. They all start with AppX. When I try to delete, I get a can't delete in use by another file message.

I have tried searching the items but nothing.

I have been unsuccessful in determining what app they belong too.

Any suggests

Kaw900

To determine what they belong to, you will need to open task manager->Processes and kill each background process one by one then try to delete again and repeat until you can delete them.
NOTE:Do not kill any Windows Process

OR: download TFC Temporary file removal tool . Right click and run as Admin, this program will first kill all background processes then perform deletion.

OR: download TFC Temporary file removal tool . Right click and run as Admin, this program will first kill all background processes then perform deletion.
Thanks for responding. I ran the tool, but it didn't remove any of the files.

looking at it I would guess they are the new windows style apps running in the background

try going to settings, privacy then background apps and disable them from running in the background
then either kill the apps that are running, mail, news, sport etc, or restart and they shouldn't start back up

then try deleting temp files again

Did you run as Admin ? Here's what mine looks like:

Yes ran as admin. When tool was complete, went to temp folder and all the files were still there. Tried to delete but same message. So this is where I'm confused. This laptop had Win7 and did the update. I have another laptop, which had Win8.1 and updated. Did the custom install and answered all the questions the same on the two laptops. The one updated from 8.1, has none of these temp files. I have (so I believe) compared the settings of the two laptops and the appear all the same to me.

All good advice. How big are these Temp Files? May be best to just let them be. Win 10 kernel was rewritten and does not behave like 8 or <. It will clean itself up. Tried CCleaner? Or Disk Cleanup? (cleanmgr.exe)

Fairly regularly I clean out temp and prefetch, then run security. So annoyed I can't delete them. I will try the ccleaner and/or disk cleanup

ccleaneup didn't work. Here are some of the files.
 

Are you logged in with MS Account ? If so, try logging with Local Account.

Windows 10 Temp Folder