Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Windows 10 Home instead of Pro


Hi,

I'm having an issue trying to install Windows 10 PRO. Right now I have a 7 home version pre-installed, and I'm trying to install Windows 10 PRO with my OEM key.

When I download W10 form Microsoft website and create the bootable device, after starting the installation, the program automatically install the Home version instead of PRO.

I don't know how to make it install the PRO version. It doesn't even ask me during setup.

Do you know how I can make the Pro version installs instead of Home, maybe you have somewhere an ISO file with only the Pro version ?

Thanks!

Windows 7 Home only qualifies for 10 Home. To get 10 Pro you need 7 Pro or 7 Ultimate.

Thanks for your answer. So it checks the BIOS before?
This way, how I can make a clean install of W10PRO from a Home version of Windows ?

Joss

Thanks for your answer. So it checks the BIOS before?
This way, how I can make a clean install of W10PRO from a Home version of Windows ?

Joss
You will need to purchase a Win 10 Pro license. You can buy it at the Store for $99 US.

Start button > Settings > Update & Security > left side, Activation > right side, Go to the Store ................

You could also purchase a Win 7 Pro or Ultimate license, if that proves to be cheaper than paying $99 US. Do a clean Install to Win 7 Pro or Ultimate and then upgrade to Win 10 Pro.

Windows 7 doesn't have an embedded BIOS key by the way, but yes, on a clean install it will check for an OEM embedded key. Windows 8/8.1 and 10 keys are used with build 10586. If there is no embedded key you will get a menu to select Home or Pro. That's on a clean install when booting from your install media. If your doing and upgrade from a currently installed OS, that OS determines what version of 10 you get. 7 Home gets you 10 Home. If you go to change product key and enter this key, VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T it will upgrade to Pro. It won't activate though, unless the PC has a digital entitlement to Pro. If you have a Retail 10 Pro key you can upgrade and activate with that key.

If I understood, now that I have Windows 10 Home, I can upgrade to Pro by entering this key during upgrade VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T and after I can activate my W10PRO with my official OEM key ?

Thanks for your help, joss

No. You still need a Pro key to activate.

If I understood, now that I have Windows 10 Home, I can upgrade to Pro by entering this key during upgrade VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T and after I can activate my W10PRO with my official OEM key ?

Thanks for your help, joss
What official OEM key, from where? Where did you get said key, and is it a 10 Pro key?

Yes it's a 10 Pro oem key that I bought online, but by default the ISO put me the Home version.
As I understood I can upgrade from w10 home to pro with the upgrade key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T, and after upgrading I can activate with my Pro key right ?

Do the change key but just enter your 10 Pro key. I hope that was a reputable web site you bought that key from? Normally you would be buying retail keys, sounds fishy to me, unless you bought a system builders package.

Windows 10 Home instead of Pro