Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

CloudExperienceHostBroker triggering restart during OOBE after AUDIT


Hi Dears,
I'm just trying to change the profiles directory and ProgramData directory paths after a Windows 10 upgrade to allocate these in D:Users and D:ProgramData respectively (source OS: Windows 8 Pro installed just to perform a clean upgrade), but I'm having a problem. After installing Windows 10 I execute the sysprep with the unattended XML as follows:
  • sysprep /oobe /reboot /unattend:D:Unattended.XML


It performs the cleanup and restarts the system into OOBE, but it always get restarted in the "Just a moment" screen after Customize Settings (Just to be clear, step 18 of guide Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 blog).

At first glance I thought it was a drivers issue (I have read somewhere that users with NVIDIA cards where facing issues during the customizations, so I tried adding the PersistAllDeviceInstalls as true in the unattended, and now I think it is not the problem.

Instead, what I did is I have just restarted everything, reinstalled windows 8 pro, upgraded to win 10 and executed the sysprep with the XML just once till it was restarted again, then after the restart I just executed the console with SHIFT+F10 and executed the eventvwr, and luckily me I found the error:

CloudExperienceHostBroker.exe is triggering a restart during the customization, and the reason for the restart is "System Reconfiguration".

The problem now is that I don't know how to solver or skip this, I tried replacing the EXE with a cmd.exe, and it just broke the oobe and I had to restart anyways.

I was looking for information around unfortunately without any valuable information, has someone faced this before? Do you think it is failing because I'm doing something wrong somewhere else? How should I proceed?

I have this issue, as well... In the event that anyone else has this, I did some digging on this and found a solution for my cause:

TURN UAC BACK ON.
To do this:
1) At the OOBE hit SHIFT+F10 to get a command prompt
2) Turn on UAC: reg add hklmsoftwaremicrosoftwindowscurrentversionpoliciessystem /v EnableLUA /t reg_dword /d 1 /f
3) Reboot: shutdown -f -r -t 1

Once the computer restarted and entered OOBE everything worked as it should!

Hope this helps.

Any additional information with this issue? I am also encountering "CloudExperienceHostBroker" causing a restart during OOBE due to "System Reconfiguration".

My system was already set with EnableLUA = 1, so I tried flipping it to 0 without any luck.

CloudExperienceHostBroker from the little bit I can find seems to be related to AzureAD, a feature I have no intention of using. I also cannot find any information on disabling or removing this.

CloudExperienceHostBroker triggering restart during OOBE after AUDIT