Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Correction to the process


I performed the upgrade on Windows 10 after installation I was trying to install office 2007, the DVD rom drive is seen by win 10 because I can eject the disk but no files to be seen in explorer and it won't auto start despite all the settings.. I have changed the auto start to: ask me, run always then back to auto all to no avail. I have also tried my Gigabyte disk to load the drivers for the board, same thing. I do get an occasional "directory name invalid d:" where d:\ is he DVD rom drive.

I need the computer to load my 3D program, if I can't resolve this I will scrap win 10 and reload win 7.

I solved my issue, this worked for me found it on drivers.com


  1. Click on Start-> Run
  2. Type regeditto open Registry Editor
  3. Navigate to following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesatapi
  4. Right-click on atapiand Select New->Key
  5. Type Controller0and press Enter
  6. Right-click on Controller0and select DWORD(32-bit) Value
  7. Type EnumDevice1
  8. Right-click on EnumDevice1and click on Modify
  9. In the Value Data box, type 1
  10. Click on OK
  11. Exit Registry Editor

Where did you find the info to do that?

not sure if it matters, I have LG DVD players. here is the link to the site I found my solution:

Fix LG GH24NSB0 DVD Writer Problems Drivers.com updates

I solved my issue, this worked for me found it on drivers.com


  1. Click on Start-> Run
  2. Type regeditto open Registry Editor
  3. Navigate to following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesatapi
  4. Right-click on atapiand Select New->Key
  5. Type Controller0and press Enter
  6. Right-click on Controller0and select DWORD(32-bit) Value
  7. Type EnumDevice1
  8. Right-click on EnumDevice1and click on Modify
  9. In the Value Data box, type 1
  10. Click on OK
  11. Exit Registry Editor
Thanks BOB it works fine for me.

My first time editing the registry; and it wasn't difficult.

If I could add to Bob's instructions, however, Line 6 should include New; it should read

6. Right-click on Controller0choose Newand select DWORD(32-bit) Value

I had finished my message by saying that it worked for me. Well, it did once after a Restart. But only once. Changing back to 0, or even to 2 or 3 (I was just guessing) brought no benefit. The machine will read videos and audios but not data files.

What is clear and consistent on my machine is that starting in Safe Mode allows any DVD to be read. But that is a crazy way of resolving the issue.

Any suggestions?

J

Correction to the process