Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

I have only 2 partitions after clean install using USB


Hi,
I just did a clean install from USB created fromMicrosoft Media..

Because my Creative Sound Card not working,decided to perform another clean install,
When it came to Partitions details - I could only see two partitions.

The tutorial here in suggests it should be three or four!!

Why is that?

I am sending this from a different computer by the way...

Mine Dell Dimension 9200





Here is info about UEFI Boot Mode(installing using the GPTpartition style) and Legacy BIOS Boot Mode(installing using the MBRpartition style). -> link

Quite normal, mines the same as in the screenshot in the previous post.



Mine is like the above.
Mine Dell Dimension 9200 (2007 model) , I presume has no UEFI Boot Mode, Am I correct.

I am trying to find if that has anything to do with failure of my SB X Fi Xtreme Music?
Any thoughts

Mine Dell Dimension 9200 (2007 model) , I presume has no UEFI Boot Mode, Am I correct.
Yes, only BIOS/MBR.

Yes, only BIOS/MBR.
Thak you.
My Creative SB X Fi Extreme Music started to work without me doing anything!!

One of my computers, a Dell laptop with a UEFI bios, did format GPT with 4 partitions. My desktop, which also has a UEFI bios did not. Got the two partitions and MBR scheme. This was kinda surprising to me. Maybe I'm not understanding completely.
Jim

One of my computers, a Dell laptop with a UEFI bios, did format GPT with 4 partitions. My desktop, which also has a UEFI bios did not. Got the two partitions and MBR scheme. This was kinda surprising to me. Maybe I'm not understanding completely.
Jim
It's possible UEFI wasn't enabled. Just because its a UEFI capable BIOS doesn't mean its enabled. I've never enabled it, I find its a pain in the ****

One of my computers, a Dell laptop with a UEFI bios, did format GPT with 4 partitions. My desktop, which also has a UEFI bios did not. Got the two partitions and MBR scheme. This was kinda surprising to me. Maybe I'm not understanding completely.
Quote from this post:

How do you select UEFI Boot Mode or Legacy BIOS Boot Mode.

Note:The UEFI firmware settings determines what type of boot devices are available in the boot menu: UEFI, Legacy BIOS (aka CSM), or both types of boot devices.

Normally, you do not need to turn Secure Boot off to install Windows 8/10 in UEFI Boot Mode. If you want to install Windows 7, then you must turn Secure Boot off.

Note:You do not need to change the boot order of drives in your UEFI firmware settings.
- Connect your Windows 7/8/10 USB flash drive or insert your Windows 7/8/10 DVD.
- Restart the computer.
- Press the correct key to enter the boot menu (Esc, F8, F9, F10, F11, F12).
- Select your USB/DVD from the boot menu.

EXAMPLE: Windows 8 64-bit USB flash drive in the Asus motherboard boot menu (see screenshot below).

You may notice a bootable USB flash drive showing twice in the boot menu, one marked UEFI and one not marked UEFI.


Good info guys.
Thanks
Jim

I have only 2 partitions after clean install using USB