Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys


Like many others I am the victim of this, it happens more than once a day. It never happened on windows 8.1.

At Toshiba's request, I have back-dated my driver to the one that Windows installs with windows 10. I am hoping this fixes the issue, if not, here's my dump
  • NB1-Fri_08_05_2016_185032_66.zip (858.8 KB, 2 views)

Hi Coryllon,

Welcome to the 10blog

Please check Toshiba for BIOS updates.

Your network drivers are fairly outdated, I'm not sure if this back-dated driver would make a wanted change.
Code:
1: kd> lmvm L1C63x64 Browse full module list start             end                 module name fffff801`0ed30000 fffff801`0ed53000   L1C63x64 T (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: L1C63x64.sys     Image path: SystemRootSystem32driversL1C63x64.sys     Image name: L1C63x64.sys     Browse all global symbols  functions  data     Timestamp:        Tue Jul 16 08:56:31 2013(51E4EE9F)     CheckSum:         0002426B     ImageSize:        00023000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

It has been over a day and no more issues so far. We shall have to see what happens after a work from home day.with connections open to 6 places at once.

so the issue has returned with a vengeance, although still not as bad as on the "newest" version of the driver. which is NOT the one windows installs.

Please uninstall your AV as a test and use Windows Defender as alternative while troubleshooting.
Uninstall Solved Anti Virus (AV) stand alone removal tools - Windows 10 blog

New issue. windows defender will not start. running OTHER dianostics. now (DISM tool and MS security scanner)

Only BSOD related issues are handled here, for other issues you need to create a new thread at the appropriate forum.
If you don't know what forum the appropriate one is, create a thread at the general forum and you'll thread will be moved to the right one in a matter of time.

apologies, I know that's not the forum for this, and I'm not trying to get that issue fixed. It was posted so you would know I am off fixing hat issue first.

I reset to factory(only way to resolve the Windows defender issue). I reinstalled my software. I THINK I may have found the issue so I am more looking for confirmation.

Could my nvidia graphics driver actually be causing the issue? I had resolved the issue but then had an issue with flickering graphics on a game a play. Found THAT issue related to the newest nvidia driver. I then had to back-date the driver to an older one. and my PC crashed within 10 minutes (twice).

Experience tells that when users post about issues they want a solution for it, they usually need to specificly tell what they are doing with the issue or what they want to do if getting help is not yet in their mind.
If nobody tells them that there is something wrong with the post (wrong forum or something) they usually keep uselessly trying to bump their threads (what is against the forum rules in the case of windowssh blog) until they either give up (after several bumps) or until someone decides to check in, hence why I mentioned it

Graphics drivers can cause various BSOD crashes somehow.

how do we determine if my graphics drivers are to blame?

BSOD blaming L1C63x64.sys