Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Crash when attempting to enter hibernation, bugcheck 0x0000009f


Recently, my laptop has started crashing while attempting to enter hibernation. I'll hit the hibernate command, the screen will turn off and the computer will sit there with the hdd light flashing for a min or two then turn off. When I power it back on, none of my files or programs resume and, looking in the event viewer, I can see that the system encountered an unexpected shutdown.

I tried looking through the dump file myself, but finally decided that I had too many questions about what I saw and needed someone who knew what they were doing to give me some direction! I saw that the PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS = 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_ndis!ndisMPauseMiniportInner, which means little to me as a whole, but I did recognize Miniport and tried updating all the WAN Miniport drivers I could find in device manager, but it didn't seem to help.

Any help you can give would be appreciated! Thanks!

BD-LAPTOP-Tue_08_30_2016__94321_43.zip

Hi Faiden,

Welcome to the 10blog

Please check Dell for BIOS updates.

Hi Faiden,

Welcome to the 10blog

Please check Dell for BIOS updates.
Hey Axe0,

Thanks! I've updated the BIOS and ran the Dell driver detector I found on their support site (which updated a chipset driver). Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing the same bluescreen during hibernate (and shutdown, as it turns out. Restart is fine). Same error message on the bluescreen itself: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Please upload a kernel dump, located in C:WindowsMEMORY.dmp, to a 3rd party uploader (dropbox, onedrive, google drive) and post a share link in your next reply.

Hibernation need graphics card driver installed, if your pc/laptop have two cards (often an integrated intel card and a nividia/amd card) try to update both of them to latest version.
At first make sure of it.
Good luck

Axe0, a zipped copy of the memory dump file can be found at: Dropbox - MEMORY.zip

Flashpoint, thanks for the suggestion. It looks like I already have the latest driver for my card.

@Faiden, this is a post to let you know that I'll be posting my analysis and/or suggestion(s) within 24h due to RL.

Just to let you know, with a minidump we can analyze a 0x9F with parameter 1 being 3 usually completely, there isn't much to understand, but a kernel dump contains a lot more information that may show issues that a minidump can't with a 0x9F.

In this case it looks to be your network drivers, I would suggest to update or reinstall the network drivers .
Code:
1: kd> lmvm b57nd60a Browse full module list start             end                 module name fffff801`0f750000 fffff801`0f7c2000   b57nd60a   (no symbols)                Loaded symbol image file: b57nd60a.sys     Image path: SystemRootSystem32drivers57nd60a.sys     Image name: b57nd60a.sys     Browse all global symbols  functions  data     Timestamp:        Thu Aug 20 04:05:00 2015 (55D535CC)     CheckSum:         00070F82     ImageSize:        00072000     Translations:     0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Crash when attempting to enter hibernation, bugcheck 0x0000009f