Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while gaming, browsing, etc,...


Two or three weeks after moving into my college dorm, I started getting these constantly. And I have no idea why it started. I've updated my GPU/SSD/Wireless Adapter drivers, I'm running on ACHI, I've disabled any other network devices, etc. Still happening within a 2 hour time span of having my computer on.

Some specs:
MSI GTX 970
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
Windows 10 64bit
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard
NETGEAR A6210 adapter
Intel i7 4790k 4.0 GHz
Corsair Gaming peripherals

Some things I have tried:
1.Uninstalling Hamachi
2.Updating GPU/SSD drivers
3.Disabling Killer e2200 Gigabit ethernet connection
4. Setting the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller driver to Standard SATA ACHI Controller
5. Reinstalling Norton
6. Uninstalling Realtek Sound drivers

Here are 5 dmp files. My first two incidents and my latest 3.DMP Files..rar


Any ideas or help please? This has been driving me insane for the past two weeks.



Hello Volke

Welcome to the windowssh blog

Have you tried a clean bootto rule out any software that installs during boot and startup? Other than that it does look like it is the wireless adapter driver (netr28ux.sys).

I will attempt to go through the clean boot, thank you.

I do not doubt that it could be my wireless adapter driver, as I have noticed several internet performance issues with it. Would reinstalling it or reverting to a previous driver be of any use for it?

Still no luck. The BSODs come at an increasing rate now, and I'm still kind of clueless. Would I have to fresh install windows?

Did the clean boot prevent the BSOD occurring? If yes, it points to a software/driver problem associated with the programs you have added. If no, it points to hardware or a W10 software/driver problem.

Can you disable/remove the wireless adapter and see if that stops the BSOD events? If so, you will need to buy a new adapter.

These clues should help you solve the problem. If still no luck then a fresh install is a good next step and test for a while before you load each new piece of software so that you know what triggers the problem if it happens again.

BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while gaming, browsing, etc,...