Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Found in Control Panel>Devices and Printers >Devices but that's all


I have a fire wire Lacie external fitted, working well with prior versions.
Now can't see the drive in Win10 - whether file explorer of for saving files
Is a Firewire connection a problem?

I have found the device in Control Panel>Devices and Printers > Devices
Checking properties it tells me it is working - but still I cannot find it in File Explorer or when I want to open or save a file. Frustratingas I also use this drive for back up

Look in computer management/Disk Management to check if you can see it here
Sometimes Windows get's confused assigning drive letters, you can reassign a different drive letter from here
Might be nothing to do with the Win10UG per se

Thanks robgr - is that in Control Panel - can't find computer management/Disk Management there
The drive was fine in WIN7 and prior versions so that is why I suspect the upgrade.
It does show in Settings>Devices but that doesn't give any option to manage the device
It also shows in Device Manager>Disk Drives. Double clicking i learn " This device is working properly. "
- clicked up date driver and received the message that the driver was up to date.

Hi Christopher
Yes, it's in Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management
If you do change the drive letter and it doesn't appear immediately relaunch Explorer
If still no joy then restart Explorer (from Task Manager)

Location is very similar to Win7

mmmm I have -
Drive 0 which is my C drive
2,3,4 and 5 are all Removable - no media
and a CD ROM
And that's it
I thought I would try unplugging and then plugging back in (Lacie) - the PC made some nice glugging sounds - that's all
I am going to try unplugging and rebooting without Lacie and then connect and see what happens.

May be worth checking for an updated driver from the manufacture (first see if Windows can update the driver)

It has been a long time since I used a 1394 (Firewire) drive, but I vaguely recall that the controller showed up in Device Manager with the hard disk controllers.

I guess that you need drivers. As you haven't seen fit to supply any information about your system, it's not possible to help you find them.

My LACIE is very old and, in truth, not big enough now for use as a back up.
I have decided to replace it with a 1tb disk that should last a while - also with USB connection should be no problem to see it :-)
Many thanks for all the advice/comments

Found in Control Panel>Devices and Printers >Devices but that's all