Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

BSOD playing Skyforge, error 0x12b


Hi,

I was playing Skyforge for a couple hours.
I had some programs running in the back like firefox, skype, steam etc. I was reading something through firefox and as soon as I tabbed back into Skyforge the BSOD occurred.

I was running Windows 7 Home Premium before and ever since I upgraded to Win 10 I've been missing 3 drivers of Unknown Devices. I don't know if this is related to the BSOD though.

NOAH-PC-wo_26-08-2015_210729,52.zip

One dump in the logs and it's blaming a hardware memory error.

Code:
BugCheck 12B, {ffffffffc00002c4, 5ed, 8393a17ca0, ffffd00021b8d000}  Probably caused by : hardware ( REGION_PAGED_OUT )  Followup: MachineOwner ---  3: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* *                                                                             * *                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    * *                                                                             * *******************************************************************************  FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE (12b) This bugcheck indicates that a single bit error was found in this page.  This is a hardware memory error. Arguments: Arg1: ffffffffc00002c4, virtual address mapping the corrupted page Arg2: 00000000000005ed, physical page number Arg3: 0000008393a17ca0, zero Arg4: ffffd00021b8d000, zero

Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 blog

   Note


Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

You gotta be kidding right? I just got memory back from Corsair because I had 1 faulty module

Run the test and we'll work from there after you provide the results.

So I was gonna run memtest overnight, but apparently that wasn't necessary....



Just my luck

Right, now we need to ascertain if it is the RAM or the DIMM slot/s on the motherboard. Read the MemTest86+ tutorial I linked and read Part #3. If you need any more guidance let me know.

Little update.

I've been testing the past two nights, not fully done yet, but I do know it's not my motherboard.
| | | | <- 4 modules

Tested the two on the left side first, ran for 7-8 hours, 12 passes, no errors.
Then I tested the modules from the left side in the right slots, ran 7-8 hours, 12 passes, no errors.

Tonight I will test 1 of the two other modules to see which one is the actual faulty one, either way it means I got faulty memory back from Corsair after sending my previous kit for warranty.

BSOD playing Skyforge, error 0x12b