Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Windows 10 All Apps New Notification


Is there any way to disable the Windows 10 All Apps NewNotification on the Start menu, I noticed it's constantly telling me I have a new app installed even though I don't.
Scrolling through the applications removes the notification but after some time it comes back again

See screenshot


Thanks in advance
Ged

I was curious about this notification as well. I always get it, but there's nothing new. I was thinking it might be caused by updates to existing apps.

Is there any way to disable the Windows 10 All Apps NewNotification on the Start menu, I noticed it's constantly telling me I have a new app installed even though I don't.
Scrolling through the applications removes the notification but after some time it comes back again

See screenshot


Thanks in advance
Ged
I was curious about this notification as well. I always get it, but there's nothing new. I was thinking it might be caused by updates to existing apps.
Just curious. What if....................
You open the All apps > scroll through the list.
If you see the word New on the right of an app > click that app.
Then go back to the All apps list and repeat the above.
When done > click BACK.
Do you still see the word New as shown from the screenshot ?

@davidhk
There's no New notification for any app when you scroll down through the applications that's the annoying part about it.
As I said once you scroll through the applications the New notification will go, but randomly appear again.

Thank you.
That is weird.
I don't seem to have this problem.
I am using Win 10 Home 10586.318, and also Insider Preview 14342.

I have Win 10 Pro 10586.318 and 3 different machines and it's happens to all of them
It's not a major issue just an annoyance, I'm sure there's a reg setting that can disable it just can find anything on the internet about it
At least with Win 7 you could disable the New Application notification

Suggestion only.
Why not run a system file check to look for corrupt files.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
It will take quite sometime.
When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
1. No integrity violation.
2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
If the report is #3, use this method................
In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
Again it will take some time.
When finished, it will give you a report.

@davehk

Ran the scannow and all is clear
What I would like to do is disable the notification altogether, I'm sure there has to be a reg setting to disable it somewhere in the Registry

Cheers

Very possible.

Hang in there. Someone may come along with exactly that.

I had it this morning and there was nothing noted as 'new' in my all apps list. I did just notice, however, that there is an update in queue in the Store for my Mail app.

This notification really doesn't bother me, I'm just curious as to what is triggering it.

Windows 10 All Apps New Notification