Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Help needed with AOMEI Backupper


I have just got up the momentum to do a system backup only to find Backupper (Standard) is not showing the C drive. It shows other drives, including the target USB. But it says the program cannot find the system partition. If I try another option it displays all the connected drives but what should be th C drive is shown as empty with its total GB unused and the label 'unallocated'.

I emailed AOMEI for help but they are away for two weeks attending a Spring festival!

Can anyone advise on how to get the C drive and contents shown?


Post an image of disk partitions using disk management.

You could try Macrium Reflect Free instead. If that doesn't work, I would be very surprised.



This is perfectly normal is it not? Can it help explain what is shown in Aomie? I want to use Aomie, I have some experience with it.

Your tablet was designed to run using Wimbootand use a GPT disk typeon a 32-bit OS:
Windows Image File Boot (WIMBoot) Overview

AOMEI Backupper shows your C drive as MBR disk typeso I doubt that AOMEI would support this type of partition arrangement. Just my guess, You'll get a better answer from their blog. Or try Macrium as suggested above.

Just tested Pro version on GPT disk..

It appears GPT not supported by backupper...

Your tablet was designed to run using Wimbootand use a GPT disk typeon a 32-bit OS:
Windows Image File Boot (WIMBoot) Overview

AOMEI Backupper shows your C drive as MBR disk typeso I doubt that AOMEI would support this type of partition arrangement. Just my guess, You'll get a better answer from their blog. Or try Macrium as suggested above.
I have extensively tested all the main players, and Macrium is the only tool I found that works properly on 32bit eufi tablets.

Just tested Pro version on GPT disk..

It appears GPT not supported by backupper...
Sure does. Even with free version.

Works on mine too.

This is from AOMEI'S web page :

"AOMEI Backuppersupports almost all storage devices recognized by Windows, such as IDE, SATA, SCSI, SSD, USB external disks, hardware RAID, Network Attached Storage (NAS) and so on. Additionally, AOMEI Backupper supports MBR and GPT disk standards and works effectively with UEFI boot."
 

Attachment 62701

program does not find system partition on mine

v3.2

EDIT:
Had to re-run the installer to fix
So my guess is, it was missing Registry Entries

Help needed with AOMEI Backupper