Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

DaVinci Resolve 12 Free Version - Hints; Tips; Questions; Answers


DaVinci Resolve is a video editing program by BlackMagic Design and is as near to professional as a free program can get; of course, this is my opinion. Thanks to Kari for discovering this one.

Hopefully, some of my questions will be answered by those who know more about editing videos than I do. What I know can be put into a thimble with half of the space left over.

My first question is:

While reading the Beta Reference Manual (1096 pages), I find that one of my first things to do is to set my preferences; however, the manual doesn't tell me where I should do that! "The Preferences Window lets you set up the overall environment . . ." but then doesn't show where the Preferences Window is.

I have DaVinchi Resolve open on my other monitor and am trying to follow along with the manual.

The Preferences itself is quite simple and you should only change (if needed) the default RAM assigned to DaVinci Resolve from the System tab (see screenshot), and then from Media Storagetab to change the scratch location, where your work will be saved. That's it.


Mine doesn't look like that when I create a test project, Karil. It looks like this:



What did I do wrong?

Well, shoot! I didn't click on "DaVinci Resolve"! Duhhh!

Thanks, Kari, you got me started. BTW, the 'structions didn't tell me to do that.

I've been trying without success to figure out how to print the manual on Resolve so that I can read it. So far, no luck.

What I've tried:

Export from PDF to Word . . . BlackMagic has denied access.
Using Foxit PhantomPDF, tried to edit the font . . . Nope, won't do it.

Anybody got any ideas?

In my searching, I found the forum(s) for DaVinci Resolve:

Blackmagic Forum Index page

Is this sort of like Camtasia?

I've been trying without success to figure out how to print the manual on Resolve so that I can read it. So far, no luck.

What I've tried:

Export from PDF to Word . . . BlackMagic has denied access.
Using Foxit PhantomPDF, tried to edit the font . . . Nope, won't do it.

Anybody got any ideas?
If you are using Firefox you can download it save it using PhatomPDF.

Well thanks, I tried this and it takes way to long to load and I will not install Quicktime on my machine. From what I can see it does what Camtasia does but it is free where Cantasia is not.

Here's a link to the September Reference Manual that doesn't have Beta attached to it.

Assuming it's the final version.


DaVinci Resolve 12 Free  Version - Hints; Tips; Questions; Answers