Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

How about a "What Software Works" sticky ?


As we will all be trying different software I thought a list of what works and what doesn't might be an idea. As the list grows it could maybe be sorted alphabetically

To start things off...

LibreOffice , on W10 x86 is a non starter. It locks the CPU at almost 100% with a "run 32dll" process.

Epson DX4050 printer, seems OK using W8.1 drivers. Epson scan installed and opens OK too.

All of the software that I currently use works just fine.
But I use IBM Symphony as my office suite. That works like a charm in 10.

Jeff..

Hi there

Kari's got a thread on this already.

The only thing I couldn't get working properly (on a Native install) were Touch apps -- Touch isn't working very well if at all on a touch laptop. (HP envy sleekbook). Touch is fine on Linux and W8.1 on this laptop.

I had a few false starts but everything I'm usually using still seems to work.

One Corporate app I need to try is SAPGGUI / SAPLOGON to access corporate SAP systems -- currently using a W7 VM for this but it does work in W8.1 so I'll try on W10 - but can't test till Monday.

Cheers
jimbo

Kari has a bugs thread here -

And i set up a tested apps thread here -
I just need to compile the working/not working list (i will do this soon)



Cheers,
Jamie

Thanks for the heads up. I'll post over there.

If there is a need for a "what works" thread I would go the other way round. Apparently most software that works under Windows 8.1 also works under Windows 10. I would suggest a "what does not work" thread. It seems to me that such a thread would be much more compact than a "what works" one.

That's a really good idea actually...

If there is a need for a "what works" thread I would go the other way round. Apparently most software that works under Windows 8.1 also works under Windows 10. I would suggest a "what does not work" thread. It seems to me that such a thread would be much more compact than a "what works" one.
Good post. But, imho, either is a waste of time on such an early build. At this stage, there are so many factors involved, even the computer model.
I am quite sure that the major software and hardware manufacturers themselves are paying attention to problems, that is the sole reason they get early build releases.

How about a