Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Help with a strange problem


Hi everyone,

I have this problem:



This situation is similar, but to me doubled the directory “downloads”
[Fix] Drives Appearing Twice in Navigation Pane of Windows 10 Explorer - AskVG


The error was caused today, yesterday did not have this problem.
My computer is not customized or modified with “tweaks”.

I guess that will be remove some key “Delegate folders”, but I don’t know which is correct key.

Thanks in advanced.

I have a similar problem, in my case it is two disk icons when I put a usb drive in the machine. If I put a second drive in it shows four Icons.
It is not a big deal just irritating

Jaygee

Hi,
@jaygee53:

As I have the same problem as you have on several machines I deleted the registry key mentioned in the second hyperlink by OP.
It worked instantly.

Cheers,


The error was caused today, yesterday did not have this problem.
Do a system restore. Pick about 2 or 3 days ago as your restore point.

System Restore Windows 10

Hi,
@jaygee53:

As I have the same problem as you have on several machines I deleted the registry key mentioned in the second hyperlink by OP.
It worked instantly.

Cheers,
I took what little knowledge I have and dived into the registry, IT WORKED. Far as my desktop is concerned SOLVED.
Still got the laptop but that will have to wait till I get my nerves steady.
Thank you to all who contributed

Jaygee

[QUOTE=jaygee53;497737]I took what little knowledge I have and dived into the registry, IT WORKED. Far as my desktop is concerned SOLVED.
Still got the laptop but that will have to wait till I get my nerves steady.
Thank you to all who contributed

OK, now that is done, my Tosh Sat is sorted, I am a happy Bunny. I now need to find out how to finish this thread elegantly.

Advice please as to how to show that it has been SOLVED

Jaygee

This is a frequent issue and reported elsewhere here.
E.g.
file explorer shows usb drive twice - Windows 10 blog
[Fix] Drives Appearing Twice in Navigation Pane of Windows 10 Explorer - AskVG

This is very detailed and clear:
[Windows 10 Tip] Remove Icons from Navigation Pane of This PC - AskVG

I have been informed of those links, followed them and had a great result. Problem sorted.

My next move is to mark these messages Sorted

jaygee

Hi,

My next move is to mark these messages Sorted
Since you're not the one that started this thread you can't set it to solved.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Cheers,

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know.

Cheers,
Thank you fdegrove for this info and your help with the other post.

Jaygee

Help with a strange problem