Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

10240 refuse to install


I installed Build 10240 on a brand new SSD drive with no problems. However, Windows rejects the the activation code I found on another post in this forum:

How to activate the latest Windows 10 build - Microsoft Community

That post says activation really isn't necessary, but in fact it is. So is there a way to activate a clean install of Build 10240?

I tried entering the code from my Win7 DVD, but (of course) that was rejected also.


Edit:

Well DARN!!! Windows says it is the 32-bit version -- so of course it is going to reject the 64-bit version activation codes. I don't know if I clicked on the wrong download or if it was just mis-labelled. Looks like I have to start over.

Oh well.

From here: Windows 10 Build 10240 for PC is now available


Well I made a new Install disk with the 64-bit build, did another clean install, and it still rejects the activation code listed above. I did verify that the system is 64-bit so that is not the problem.

Does anyone have any other ideas???

You can't do a clean install of build 10240 and activate it. It must be activated via upgrade from a previously activated build like 10166.

With clean install. From Admin Command Prompt, Try this:

** Illegal KMS REMOVED **

2.slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
This server seems to be down



~edit~

Ops... my mistake.. It's working now !


This server seems to be down

Just tested myself. This is the same procedure used to activate leaked build 10176 with different product key:
Windows 10 build 10176 has leaked onto the web - Page 11 - Windows 10 blog

** Illegal KMS REMOVED **

topgun - thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it in the morning & report back here.

This server seems to be down



~edit~

Ops... my mistake.. It's working now !

Alright. Glad you got it sorted.

With clean install. From Admin Command Prompt, Try this:

** Illegal KMS REMOVED **

did not work by me :/
anny suggestions any help ?

EDIT >> after restart >> windows said new updates where installed and winver says now activated

10240 refuse to install