Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

My Qualcom Driver


I have tried to install windows 10 numerous different ways. it installs perfectly, but i have no internet access. it recognizes the internet, but won't allow connection....has anyone been able to install windows 10 on the 2710 including use of the internet

Check Dell for updated drivers. Check Nvidia for updated drivers.

Edit:The XPS 2720 has been certified by Dell for Windows 10 but not the 2710.

I have updated the drivers both in NVidia and dell does not have up to date drivers for network, which is my problem....I find it very frustrating that dell does not seem to care.

I have updated the drivers both in NVidia and dell does not have up to date drivers for network, which is my problem....I find it very frustrating that dell does not seem to care.
Hi, Try this please:
Open Command Prompt (admin)
Type "netcfg –s n" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter
The command above will display a list of all your installed network components

From the list of components displayed, can you see "DNI_DNE" anywhere? (As before, ignore the quotation marks)

Hi, Try this please:
Open Command Prompt (admin)
Type "netcfg –s n" (without the quotation marks) and press Enter
The command above will display a list of all your installed network components

From the list of components displayed, can you see "DNI_DNE" anywhere? (As before, ignore the quotation marks)
no DNI_DNE ANYWHERE

My possible solution is not relevant then. Sorry

This is the Dell ONE 2710 XPS right?

Qualcomm ATHEROS Network drivers for Windows
And here is the link to the Windows 8 64bit driver. Its worth a try. Check your connections to be sure the modem/router sees your computer.

Drivers for Atheros AR8161 and Windows 8

Update on same post:

I tried looking on Atheros.cz and the don't have Windows 10 drivers. To making this more difficult, they don't even have Windows 8.1 drivers as the link on there is dead.

Does your network card even show up under change adapter options. If so, do you have another cable to try?

I have a Dell 2710, and I went from 8.1 to 10 with no problems...well, make that one small problem, some days I can not swipe left or right in programs like Chrome to go backward or forwards, I can swipe up and down, and pinch. On other days the "swiping" works perfectly, so I assume that there is a small driver problem. My internet works fine, it is using the Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E , and the driver is the Microsoft provided one dated 4/1/13, Version 2.1.0.16

well we have the same QUALCOMM Atheros ar8161.....I made sure all drivers were up to date and I still cannot connect to the internet....by the way I reinstalled w10 today same results after updating drivers...I was thinking it my ISP except my acer laptop with w10 installed works fine with the internet. I am really baffled here.

is 2.1.0.21 from Qualcomm dated 7/16/2013

My Qualcom Driver