Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Photo viewer out of the blue..


I like Windows Photo Viewer and this impostor has taken over my machine. It probably came from a recent "Upgrade?". Now when I click on the lower left window. I get an also black window.


So I have two questions how do I get ride of this unwanted program that was made the default view, which means extra step to review an image.

Second how do I get back the white window for general information, like getting to the Control Panel?

I can not figure out how to keep the image from being posted twice
 

Hello Silvera,

If you like, the tutorial below can help show you how to restore the Windows Photo Viewer and make it the default program.

Windows Photo Viewer - Restore in Windows 10

Thank you, I guess I'm not the only one with this issue.

Am I stuck with the black windows for general things like right clicking the windows icon in the task bar?

Merry Christmasand Happy New Yearto you and yours!!!!!!!!

You're welcome.

That would be for what color you select, and if you have it turned on to show the color on Start, taskbar, etc...

Color and Appearance - Change in Windows 10

Start, Taskbar, and Action Center Color - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

I tried Start, Taskbar...and either missed something or misunderstood. Now have a red task bar but the pop up window to get to the control panel is still black. I just got called to Christmas duty. I'll try again later to day...

Merry Christmasand Happy New Year

I tried Start, Taskbar...and either missed something or misunderstood. Now have a red task bar but the pop up window to get to the control panel is still black. I just got called to Christmas duty. I'll try again later to day...

Merry Christmasand Happy New Year
Taskbar and Start Menu right click context menu's will be a default charcoal grey, all others will be white by default.
Only way to modify them safely is with the use of High Contrast Themes.

Thank you, Edwin. for some reason I just got your reply this morning Calif. time.

Photo viewer out of the blue..