Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Acrobat X Pro compatibility with Windows 10


Just upgraded to Windows 10, and now all of my acrobat files open with through internet explorer (whatever its called now) rather than through the acrobat program. As I result, I cannot edit my pdf files. Anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

Win+X->Control Panel->Default Programs
Then set Adobe Acrobat Pro to be the default program to open/edit pdf file.


Dear topgundcp,

I have the same problem, but in the 'Control PanelAll Control Panel ItemsDefault ProgramsSet Default Programs' none of the installed adobe apps (Photoshop, Acrobat XI Pro, Audition, Dreamweaver) is registered and thus cannot be selected.

Any ideas, how to add the adobe apps in the 'Set Default Programs'?

Dear topgundcp,

I have the same problem, but in the 'Control PanelAll Control Panel ItemsDefault ProgramsSet Default Programs' none of the installed adobe apps (Photoshop, Acrobat XI Pro, Audition, Dreamweaver) is registered and thus cannot be selected.

Any ideas, how to add the adobe apps in the 'Set Default Programs'?
Another way to set the default for an app. For example: .jpg, .png etc... to open with photoshop. Just right click on the .jpg, .png etc... select open with->Choose another app, if it's not on the list, scroll down to the bottom and click onMore Apps then navigate to wherephotoshop.exe is located, usually under adobe folder in:C:Program Files or C:Program Files (X86)

Do the same for audition, dream weaver, Acrobat pro etc...

Thanx for your reply!
Yes, that's exactly what I did in order to set the specific extension (.pdf, .psd etc) to open with the corresponding adobe program.

But still no adobe app is listed in the 'Set Default Programs', as shown in your picture above (Adobe Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.13).
That is why I'm asking how to register the adobe apps in Windows 10, as I read somewhere that upon installation, adobe in general does not register its application to Windows.

OK. so do you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat ? Mine is the latest.

I've got Adobe Acrobat XI Pro 11.0.13.

Here are the screenshots



Hmmm. Strange, maybe you should try to Uninstall Acrobat then reinstall, read each screen to see if it mentions about using Acrobat as a default reader.

And you are correct. I also had Photoshop CC and Audition CC installed but I don't get anything for these 2 under Default Programs screen. However, they can be set as default by what I mentioned above.

It's not only Acrobat, but all the Adobe apps I have (Master Collection CS6) and seems that you have the same problem, with your CC ones.
Thanx anyway for your help.

Seems that it might be worth checking this thing, about Adobe not registering its apps in Windows.
If you do find anything, just let me know, and I'll send you a PM if I also find something.

All the best for the Christmas season!

Dimitri

Acrobat X Pro compatibility with Windows 10