Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Calc still exists. I don't know why it doesn't come up


Howdy,
I want to use the old calculator from Windows 8.1 in Windows 10.
The new metro app is pretty slow and ugly, I think.
I copied calc.exe from System32 and SysWOW64 folder of Windows 8.1 to my Windows 10 but it won't run.
I searched the web for a whole day for a solution, but the only way was install a 3rd party application from:

Old Windows 7 Calculator for Windows 10

Which is forbidden for me to install any 3rd party application on the site PCs specially if they are from unknown sources or if they are NOT digitally signed.
Please help me and show me a way to be able to manually copy the old calc.exe to Windows 10 and get it working.
Cheers.

If you have no success you could try one from the many in the App store and see if it meets your needs. This one's quite nice.

Calculator X8



Hello and thank you very much for your help, but we have very strict policies and can't use any software other than Microsoft's.
Otherwise I'm a .NET programmer for more than a decade and it's as easy as ABC to write a similar calculator.
So getting back to my original question: I still need help implementing my own way of working calc.exe from Windows 8.1.
I still need help

There is this Calculator Plus (signed by MS) Download Microsoft Calculator Plus from Official Microsoft Download Center

Looks the same in classic view



I'm sure there is a thread here about using calc.exe but I can't find it. I'll update this if I can.

Thanks, Calculator Plus is also rejected, please help...

How about this script to install? Solved Windows 8.1 Calculator Install Script - Windows 10 blog

I just tested it and it installs calc32.exe fine (and the .exe's in the zip are signed MS ones but you could use your own of course).

If you want you can uninstall the calculator app like this from administrator command prompt:

Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]  (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.    C:WINDOWSsystem32>powershellWindows PowerShell  Copyright (C) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.    PS C:WINDOWSsystem32> $app = "Microsoft.WindowsCalculator"PS C:WINDOWSsystem32> Get-AppxPackage -Name $app -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackagePS C:WINDOWSsystem32> Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online | where DisplayName -EQ $app | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online   Path          :  Online        : True  RestartNeeded : False        PS C:WINDOWSsystem32> exit C:WINDOWSsystem32>
And then change the name of the shortcut created in the script in the link above to "Calculator" instead of "Calculator (Classic)"

I was baffled by Win 10's lack of calc as well, but...
did a system search for calc and...

C:WindowsSystem32calc.exe

So, go to your system32 folder, right click on Calc.exe and select 'Pin to Start' or 'Pin to Taskbar' to make it easily accessible.

That is interesting - good spot - I didn't know you could pin it like that. However (at least for me) the calc.exe opens the new metro style calculator not the old fashioned Windows 7 one... It is interesting though as most of these new universal apps do not have .exe to launch them.


Calc still exists.  I don't know why it doesn't come up