Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016


so jump lists via my taskbar and windows 10, I'm not having much joy :-(

I've just got a new desktop (Jan 2016) with windows 10 pre-loaded and I installed office 2010 - jump lists didn't work - so I thought I'll uninstall and install office 2016 64bit - jump lists still don't work arrggggg!

But they work for IE and notepad and file explorer but not for firefox or photoshop elements.

I've tried deleting the files from:
%APPDATA%MicrosoftWindowsRecentAutomaticDestinations
%APPDATA%MicrosoftWindowsRecentCustomDestinations
and rebooting but to no avail

any ideas anyone????

I really need jump lists working for Excel & Word.

srv

Hmm, jumplists work perfect for me with office 2007. You aren't the only one having this issue

Plus, did you set the number of items for the jumplists when you right click on taskbar, properties, click on the start menu tab and set the number of items you want showing.

thanks for the reply but don't forget this is windows 10 - those options are no longer in that place - but yes I've got it set ok as it works in IE & file explorer, it's driving me crazy this fault... I've got a feeling it's a bug... :-(

Hi there

what's your Office 2016 version release

Mine is :



Not quite sure what you want to do -- drop downs etc in EXCEL seem OK and the "Recent documents" in EXCEL gives you a decent number of your recently accessed files.

For example :



Cheers

jimbo

I have the same version.
If I don't have word pinned to my taskbar then I drop a word doc on the task bar it creates a shortcut to Word on my task bar with a pinned entry for that file - BUT when you click the file is says it doesn't exist then if you right click the file and click open it works just fine - so the problem gets even more strange :-)



but if you right click text.docx and click open it works...



and the recent list never appears on the right click menu....

something somewhere is very confused - that includes me at the moment!

srv
  

thanks for the reply but don't forget this is windows 10 - those options are no longer in that place - but yes I've got it set ok as it works in IE & file explorer, it's driving me crazy this fault... I've got a feeling it's a bug... :-(
It's on Windows 10 RTM 10240, but I notice now that they removed the option on 10586.

Jumplists are working on my PC. Wonder why this issue is occurring for you. Hope a resolution is found

Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016