Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Unable to downgrade from Windows 10 because of a user account error


Hi guys. I updated to W10 2 days ago and now I want to downgrade to Windows 7 but I can't. When I go to "Recovery" and click on "Get started" the pop-up window says "Getting things ready" and after that it says that I have to remove all the accounts created with W10, which are 2, but only one is created with W10 and I can't access it. I can't delete them through Settings>Accounts or Control Panel or whatever. Please help, I'm getting mad. Since upgrading I've only had problems and I am this close to throw my laptop. I'm using Toshiba Satellite.

Do you happen to have Win 7 Installation disk, or a set of Recovery disks ?
If yes, you can use one of those to do a Clean Install of Windows 7. Make sure you have Win 7 product key ready.

I have an Acer Inspiron laptop pre-installed with Win 7, and I created a set of "Factory default" disks at the beginning. I had more than once used the set to reinstall my Win 7.

No, I don't have them. I moved recently...

Did your Win 7 come pre-installed with your computer or you bought a retail Win 7 version and manually installed it ?

Well the guys from the store installed it. So yeah, it came pre-installed.

Well the guys from the store installed it. So yeah, it came pre-installed.
Sorry, for a pre-installed Win 7, I cannot help.
My apology.

Shoot. Well, thank you anyways

Shoot. Well, thank you anyways
I need to make certain I did understand what you told me regarding this statement of yours....... "Well the guys from the store installed it. So yeah, it came pre-installed. "

You do have the Win 7 product key. Yes ?
Where is your product key located ?
Is it attached to the computer or "the guys from the store" handed you a product key on a piece of paper " ?

They installed Windows, they entered the key. I don't have the product key.

They installed Windows, they entered the key. I don't have the product key.
OK. Thank you.
I have to bow out.
I cannot help you any further.
Sorry.

My last piece of comment and advice.
Comment : Whoever "they" are, you have been ripped off.
Advice : Take it back and demand a refund or get a lawyer, if you want to go that route. People cannot install a Windows operating system in the computer without handing over the product key to the owner of the computer.

Unable to downgrade from Windows 10 because of a user account error