Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Windows 10 made two user folders


After fresh installation of windows 10, windows decide to make one more username folder.

My default user folder is Jugo, and the new one is Jugo.DESKTOP-RUHDOGV, dont know why windows made it. I know that is not made because of MS account, because I didnt sign in. I would like to have only one user folder, and not two, how can I achieve this? I know that I can make new account and delete the old one, but is there a way to merge this two together. I also noticed that Jugo.DESKTOP-RUHDOGV folder has more data in it, but i dont know why, and why did that happen. Here is a screenshot




content




If it helps DESKTOPRUHDOGV is name of my computer

Look like Windows thew a hissy fit when loading your profile and decided to helpfully create a new one.

To get back to normal (Works with Windows 7)

  1. Add a new local user with admin rights, then log in as this account.
  2. Moveboth the "Jugo" and "Jugo.DESKTOP-RUHDOGV" folders to somewhere other than C:Users
  3. Run regedit, navigate to HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionProfileList
  4. Locate and remove the keys associated with the Jugo account (ProfileImagePath value will begins with C:UsersJugo)
  5. Reboot and log in as Jugo, a new profile should be created in C:UsersJugo
  6. Move (or copy if feeling cautious) all of your data back to C:UsersJugo - Do NOT copy / replace
    • Ntuser.dat
    • Ntuser.dat.log
    • Ntuser.ini

  7. When all is up and running delete account created at step 1


Be very careful in the registry otherwise a complete re-format will be required. only remove the keys for your account.

will try that, actually i found out there is no Jugo associated in registry only Jugo.DESKTOP-RUHDOGV" wich is really wierd.



what if I copy stuff from Jugo.DESKTOP-RUHDOGV folder to Jugo folder, and change ProfileImagePath from Jugo.DESKTOP-RUHDOGV to Jugo, will that work? or do I need to make new admin account

Safest to create new account to perform the moves otherwise files will be in use thus can't be moved.

You should only have 2 users: jugoand publicon a fresh install. Something is wrong and caused Windows Installation to create extra users. I would spend a little time to re-install Windows.

where can I add new admin account, its a little bit different then in windows 7? if i go to settings it asks me to add a number or email, if I choose i dont have it, it says something went wrong

Not sure, but try control panel to see if there is a users icon or maybe in family and safety.

I do this
User Account - Add in Windows 10 - Windows 10 blog
OPTION THREE

and when i click The person I want to add doesn't have an email addressi get error, so I cant add a new user account.



Also I dont have option to Add a family member


Or even simpler open an elevated command prompt then type
  • net user UserName Password /add
  • net localgroup Administrators UserName /add

Where UserName and Password are your own choice

Detailed instructions from Add or Delete Users Account with Command Line in Windows - Windows

Windows 10 made two user folders