Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

is it possible to change user's name in windows 10 ?


Windows 10 has used my MS account to create my username on windows 10. But it has shorten it.
Let me give you an example to make my question clear:

Imagine my MS account is "myname@hotmail.com". When I go to C:Users I want to have "myname"
But windows 10 has shorten the name and now in C:Users I have "myna" instead of "myname".

Is it possible to change this name to myname?

Hey ... I'm glad you mention this because I was trying to figure out how I did the samething. My self I was probably messing around with 2 or 3 installations of windows 10 and got side track. Now that you mention this I know exactly what you mean and how it got done now, thanks lol . Now to your question . The simple answer is no you can't change it but what you can do is create another account the way you want and afterwards just delete that account with the mistake , make sure you give admin rights . Though in my case I didn't do this but rather it was one of my first installation of windows 10 so I wanted to try doing a few installations, so I ended up doing a re installation lol call me crazy. I like to get the hang of things . Brink the Admin of this board can confirm yes you can and delete the old one afterwards or someone that knows for sure

Thanks for your reply. I will try then to make the new account. rep added

That didn't work, adding a new account, to be able to change the user name. It never gave me any option to configure anything. I made the new account, with the name I wanted, rebooted, told me it was creating the new account, then logged me on, made the user folder with a name I didn't want, never gave me any options. So what am I missing here???

You have to change your user name online - OneDrive.com

You have to change your user name online - OneDrive.com
Don't want to change my user name, also I don't use onedrive. I want to change the user name that windows made under users. same problem the 1st person was trying to explain. Its under C:users

Windows 10 has used my MS account to create my username on windows 10. But it has shorten it.
Let me give you an example to make my question clear:

Imagine my MS account is "myname@hotmail.com". When I go to C:Users I want to have "myname"
But windows 10 has shorten the name and now in C:Users I have "myna" instead of "myname".

Is it possible to change this name to myname?
like this :

Hello rezpower,

A workaround to do this would be to create a new local accountwith the user name you want, make it an administrator account, and sign in to it. This way the "C:Users(user-name)" profile folder will have the same name.

User Account - Add in Windows 10

Afterwards, you can delete your old account after copying what you want to the new local account.

User Account - Delete in Windows 10

Switch the new local account to a Microsoft account. The profile folder will still have the same name you gave for the local account.

Microsoft Account - Switch to in Windows 10

Hi Brink,
but, is it possible to change user's name in windows 10 in-place and that degree of reliability has this procedure?
If it is valid, you can please explain in more detail what steps follow?
Thank you
Hello

Hello alpha,

What I posted above with the tutorial links is the only true way that I know of to completely rename a user account.

is it possible to change user's name in windows 10 ?