Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

What is causing my windows to be resized ?


This seems to only happen on my WIN 10 Pro system (Its only 2 months old). I have never seen this happen on my WIN 10 Home system. It seems to occur when I have a sized window and I minimize it. After a period of time not using that window, it gets re-sized ! I've been looking for an answer for the last 2 months, but have not found a solution.

Here is a B4 & After pic of my desktop of Windows File Explorer. Anybody have any Idea's what setting needs to be fixed ?
  

That's strange! Try running sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt. Is there anything in the error log which gives any clues? You could also try updating to the latest graphics driver.

Sfc comes back clean "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". I'll do some checking on the drivers. Basically, this was a clean install, with new hardware however the graphics card was used previously in the old Windows 7 system.

UPDATE: Windows did find a new driver. I will be monitoring.

Well no joy here ! Checked the explorer window after 1 hr, is was fine. Checked at 2hrs, it got minimized into that small window in my initial post. So drivers are not the problem.

I don't think it should be an issue, but have you looked at the following parameter (translated from French):
PC Settings –> System –> Mutitasking –> Automatically arrange windows by moving them to the screen corners or borders.

It is an option that I always leave unchecked because I despise this automatic rearranging. But I wonder if the option is checked and your window is almostin the corner, could slight jerks rearrange it and therefore resize it?

I don't think it should be an issue, but have you looked at the following parameter (translated from French):
PC Settings –> System –> Mutitasking –> Automatically arrange windows by moving them to the screen corners or borders.

It is an option that I always leave unchecked because I despise this automatic rearranging. But I wonder if the option is checked and your window is almostin the corner, could slight jerks rearrange it and therefore resize it?
Good point, just checked and it is set to OFF.

Well 2 weeks and still no further suggestions. But I did a test where I left several windows open on the desktop (I did not minimize them). I came back after 2 hours, the screen saver was activated and when I move the cursor, the desktop came back and the 2 windows that were just left open were now crunched on top of each other in the upper left of the desktop.

I tried the same procedure on my laptop (Which I have never seen this problem) and all windows remained the same after 2 hours.

The laptop is a HOME 64k version vs the Pro version. I matched and checked each setting between the 2 systems and they are the same with the exception of the extra ones that are available in the Pro version.

Some body else has to also have this problem.

What is causing my windows to be resized ?