Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Not sure if this is already on here but in case its not.


Hi Guys I have just got windows 10 and I am trying to activate the action centre but it seems I don't have gpedit.msc
, I upgraded from 8.1 .
Can someone help me with this please.
Donnylad.

Do you have Home or Pro version? Group policies are not supported in the Home version.

winver will tell you which version you have.

Hi navylcdr Thanks for the reply,,,,I have got the home edition , so can you tell me please what I can do about it.

Donnylad

upgrade to pro, gpedit has only been available to pro and enterprise ver since at least win 7

on a goggle search I see some workarounds for 7 and 8 perhaps one of those would work for you? I can't personally say and I have had pro for many years.

In order to get gpedit.msc you have to upgrade to Pro. Not sure why you need a group policy to activate Action Center:
How to Use Windows 10 Action Center | PCMag.com

Thanks Navylcdr I when I see that it brings back the charms I don't think I really want it so thanks again and bye for now and thanks to you Clintigm.

Donnylad

Did you try Windows key+A, that doesn't bring the charms back for me. I have them all turned off using Classic Shell

Thanks the windows+A works for me too just fine.

Donnylad

Installing gpedit.msc correctly

If you have 32-bit Windows (x86) then the setup should install smoothly without any problems and you should be able to access the Group Policy Editor through the Microsoft Management Console by going to Run –> gpedit.msc. But if you have 64-bit Windows (x64) then you will need some extra steps after running the installer. Follow the steps below after running the installer:

  1. Go to C:WindowsSysWOW64 folder
  2. Copy the following folders and files to C:WindowsSystem32
    GroupPolicy“, “GroupPolicyUsers” and gpedit.msc.
  3. There is another file to use if you get "MMC could not create the snapin" error but i will post the link for the page with everything on it just in case.

How To Enable Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) In Windows 10 Home Edition


I have installed it and its working perfectly
Gary
  • add_gpedit_msc_by_jwils876-d3kh6vm.zip (854.5 KB, 1631 views)

Thanks!

Not sure if this is already on here but in case its not.