Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Windows folder taking up way to much space.


Is there anyway I can decrease the space if the windows folder. My laptop is only 30 gigs and the windows folder us taking up 21 gigs, any fix for this?

Download TreeSize Portable Free and run then scan on C:Windows to see what taken up space then we can go from there.

21GB is pretty small. My Windows folder is 43GB. I suggest you get a bigger disk - 30GB is way too small. You should have at least 60GB for Windows.

And as an fyi.. mine is about 15gb..

If you don't use Hibernate, you are able to open an elevated command prompt and type in "powercfg.exe /hibernate off". This should clear up 2-3+GB depending on the amount of RAM you have.

Also have a look into software called "SSD Tweaker". It provides some tools to cleanup the Windows folder.

And as an fyi.. mine is about 15gb..
Hmm, that's Bunny size, LOL

Here is mine on a 31gb drive. (laptop) Desk top about 45gb
 

Hmm, that's Bunny size, LOL
It sure is..

21GB is pretty small. My Windows folder is 43GB. I suggest you get a bigger disk - 30GB is way too small. You should have at least 60GB for Windows.
Hello Wolfgang, hope you are doing well !

Is that 43 GB the Windows folder, or the Windows "C" partition ?
I have a 15 GB Windows folder, in a 20 GB used space on a 70 GB Windows partition (approximate sizes).

This OS is an up to date RTM, not an insider.
I don't have a lot of programs installed in W10, i'm trying to use W10 as "vanilla" as possible.
I store user data on a different partition.

I'm just curious.


Hi David, the 43GB is the Windows partition. The Windows folder is only 25GB.



Windows folder taking up way to much space.