Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Upgraded Windows 8.1 to 10 .But it always goes into recovery mode


Hi

I upgraded from Win8.1 to Win10 on my Lenovo Laptop and every thing was fine .Then i went and installed the Nvidia driver for my graphics card and restarted .
On doing the restart i was getting a blank black screen. So then i went into safe mode and installed the Intel graphics drivers that came with my laptop and restarted .

On doing the restart I am always going into recovery mode now . Even if i try to boot in safe mode it goes into recovery mode. I tried even to do the windows repair via the recovery mode but it does not work.

The only thing that i have is the command prompt in recovery mode .
Can I install the latest driver via command prompt in recovery mode ? or how should i fix this issue ?

Please can anyone help . Thanks

seems to me you should be try to remove the offending driver installation..
as it appears the driver installation is what caused the problem in the first place..

Can I change the driver via the command line ? . Because i cannot login even in safe mode.

pnputil -e > c:drivers.txt

open drivers.txt with notepad and check which one you want to uninstall. It will be oemnn.inf where nnis a 2 digit number of type Display Adapter.

pnputil -d oemnn.infto uninstall it.

It could be done by booting your system with WinPE
And then use DISM to find the driver and remove the driver..

WinPE can be found in my sig below
the DISM process for removing drivers >

or via cmd line..

Thanks I will try that. But when i uninstall the display drive .Don't I need to install a new one or will windows automatically use some default driver.

You'll want to add a Nvidea driver eventually. You could add it with add-windowsdrivercommand (if you already have the driver) but it would be easier to add it through device manager once you've got into windows.

Until then it will use the Microsoft Basic Display adapter which will be fine.

Thanks everyone for the help .But finally i had to restore my laptop back to 8.1 and again do the 10 upgrade. Now I installed the latest drivers for my Nvidia graphics card. So far every thing works fine.

Quick!! Make a backup before something breaks

Upgraded Windows 8.1 to 10 .But it always goes into recovery mode