Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Sound and Video Problems


Been a day since I installed it and I can't for the life of figure out how to enable sound.

I've done most of the basic checks that I could think of - Tried to troubleshoot, tried to update drivers via Device Manager, Enabled Windows Audio via Services etc.. but nothing seems to work. Headphones, speakers.....no sound at all.

And my video quality has become terrible (Using VLC) since upgrading.

Help would be great on the above!

Have you downloaded new drivers for sound card and graphics card?

Have you downloaded new drivers for sound card and graphics card?
I don't think so unless it happened automatically?

Where do I download that?

You would have to know what kind of sound card and video card you have... do you know whats installed? Is it a laptop or desktop? I'm going to assume it's a prebuilt system... who is manufacturer and whats the model number?

It's a Desktop. Sony Vaio PCG71811W.

I'm not sure what kind of cards I've installed....Is there a way to check? The videos card might be Nvvidia I think,

Go to device manager and Uninstall your sound drivers, also check the box says "Uninstall drivers" after click the icons scam for hardware changes, which let's windows find the driver for you. After restart your pc.

That is how I fixed mine.

Go to device manager and Uninstall your sound drivers, also check the box says "Uninstall drivers" after click the icons scam for hardware changes, which let's windows find the driver for you. After restart your pc.

That is how I fixed mine.
Thanks a bunch! That works

Awesome how is your video problem going? You can try the same thing as well.

I have the same issue.

When I go to Device Manager, it does not give an option to Uninstall, only to Scan for Changes, which has no effect ? Any ideas ?

Thanks !

Awesome how is your video problem going? You can try the same thing as well.
Take a screenshot, make sure you have anything with the word sound expanded in the screenshot.

Sound and Video Problems