Installed Anniversary 14393.0 from the official MS site. The very first update when I joined the Insider Program was a Defender Update amd kb3176929. This upgraded the Hyper-VM I used to directly to 14393.10.
The only thing that was strange was that - although I installed a PIN during installation that sign-in option never appeared and in fact was not available in the Settings section. Probably something to do with the Virtual Disk Hardware??
Hyper-V Enhanced Mode is based on
RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) and requires a password,
PIN and
Picture Passworddo not work in Enhanced Mode. Therefore, logically when signing in with password using Enhanced Mode the PIN and Picture Password options are also missing from
Sign-in options:
As soon as you switch from Enhanced Mode to normal mode, PIN and Picture Password will become available:
Screenshots taken just now, both from same Hyper-V vm. First when using Enhanced Mode, second when using normal mode.