Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Fixed folder icons for OneDrive and Podcasts


What my user folders looked like at first:



Notice how the OneDrive and Podcasts folders stick out due to the Windows 7/8-style folders icons.

So I found an alternative OneDrive icon in the image shell32.dll in C:Windows, extracted it and used that one (Windows 10-style icon).

Then I created my own podcasts icon. I used the Windows 10-style folder paired with the Zune podcast icon to create my own custom icon. Here's the end result:



All of the folders match, now!!

If you're interested in getting your hands on these folder .ico files yourself, they're attached below!

Instructions:

1) Download the ico files to a permanent location
2) Start with C: then navigate to the parent folder of the folder you want to customize (like C:Users[USERFOLDER])

1. Right click the folder, select Properties
2. Select the Customize tab
3. Click "Change icon..."
4. Then click "Browse..." and find where you saved your .ico file, and select it
5. Click OK.

Cheers,

David

Download: OneDrive.ico Podcast.ico

(note the Podcasts shell folder only exists if you've installed the Zune software)
  

Nice. What software did you use to make the podcasts icon?

Nice. What software did you use to make the podcasts icon?
I just copied the mic icon found in the Zune software's "My Podcasts" shell folder, used Photoshop to erase the Windows 7/8-style folder and isolate just the mic icon, then put it into the Windows 10-style folder.

So this icon is only at one resolution?

So this icon is only at one resolution?
No it resizes itself appropriately. I copied each differently-sized MIC icon and paired it with each differently-sized Windows 10 folder icon.

OK, that's good.

I don't think my CS5 version of Photoshop has native support for ICO files; so do you have a later version, or a plug-in?

OK, that's good.

I don't think my CS5 version of Photoshop has native support for ICO files; so do you have a later version, or a plug-in?
I actually use a program called IcoFX, but Photoshop also has an ico plugin but it's kind of weird. IcoFX is much better!

Thanks David

You're welcome, Nigel! Hope you find this useful. :]

hi David
can you share 3D Objects icon

Fixed folder icons for OneDrive and Podcasts