Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Metro/Modern version of IE - is it in W10 tech preview?


I'm just playing with 32-bit Windows 10 in Oracle VirtualBox.

I can't find the Metro version of IE - has it gone?

(It was never something I liked in Windows 8, but I can imagine it would be useful for folks using tablets and touchscreens.)



Brink has a tutorial for switching between the Start Menu and the Start Screen.



Brink has a tutorial for switching between the Start Menu and the Start Screen.
Even from the Start Screen, I still got the Desktop version of IE.

Yes, I am also trying to find it but can not locate it.

There was an option in Win8 to always use the desktop IE -

Internet Options - Programs - first option(s)

The tile points to the desktop IE and I haven't found the shortcut to the immersive IE on Win10
... it would be in C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuPrograms
or defined in the desktop.ini

I never did quite figure out the start menu associations on Win8
Try searching for

Hi there

I'm cloning a W10 system at the moment so I can't test if this method works - but I did THIS to get the associations of the Metro apps in W8.1 (so I could pin to desktop in W8.1 !! and run without switching away from the desktop). :

From CMD Mode run this command :

explorer shell:Appsfolder

Then from the Window press F10 or choose View ==>choose details and click the 3 boxes Name, Long Display name, AppuserModelID

now choose display DETAILS in the file explorer and you'll see the extra columns including the APPuserModelID

Now if you want to create say a short cut :
you simply right mouse click on your desktop and create shortcut =>new

type in the script - for example the Sports application

explorer shell:AppsfolderMicrosoft.BingSports_8wekyb3d8bbwe!AppexSports

You'll have to design your own icon - I think the old version of iconfx was free. cut and paste an image then create an ico file.

Note - the above worked on W8.1 - I HAVEN'T tested on W10 yet.


Cheers

jimbo

Hi there

The nearest you can get to Metro IE is to check the FULL SCREEN box in VIEW (F11) but there isn't a "Classic" Metro IE that works in re-sizeable windows -- when you leave full screen it just reverts back to standard.

Cheers
jimbo

Hi,Have you try to Open Modern IE use This ps1 script? [Power Shell] Start Metro IE from powershell - Pastebin.comCopy script to Notepad and save as .ps1 or Download it and run with powershell

I made the simple app to launch the Modern IE in Windows 10.

It allows you to launch the modern version of Internet Explorer in Windows 10
See here

Metro/Modern version of IE - is it in W10 tech preview?