Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Yes that's the area....


(Newbie/First Post)

When using Windows 10 how do I prevent/disable Windows 10 from automatically showing any (and all) of my currently installed pictures/images stored on my computer hard drive when simply asking Windows 10 a question or simply doing a search within the “Ask Me Anything” area in the bottom left corner of Windows 10?

Thanks

You can always search for and open Indexing Options, then click Modify and uncheck any locations/folders whose contents you no longer want indexed (for example C:UsersusernamePictures). Then optionally click Advanced and finally Rebuild and wait for your search database to be rebuilt completely with only your selected locations included.

I think what you are referring to is one of the live tiles called Photos.

To remove the tile right click on it and select More then select Turn Live Tile off

If it is Cortana doing this you can change the settings when you open Cortana.

I think what you are referring to is one of the live tiles called Photos.

To remove the tile right click on it and select More then select Turn Live Tile off
Nope not the pictures/tiles in the "Live Tile Area". The pictures installed on my hard drive that automatically populate/appear within the "Search the Web & Windows" area; that's the area I am speaking about. There are some personal pictures I do not want shown their; when showing guest my computer or business partners. I know one way to eliminate the problem is to remove ALL personal pictures from my computer hard drive and and add/transfer to an "External Hard Drive". But I do not wish to do that yet as of yet; unless I have no other recourse.

I updated my post () see if that's where it is located

I updated my post () see if that's where it is located
Nope not the "Live Tile Area" but the "Search the Web & Windows" area - see my new post above. In addition I do not see a disable showing pictures/images button of any sort in the Cortana settings. But again - I am speaking of the "Search the Web & Windows" section.

(Newbie/First Post)

When using Windows 10 how do I prevent/disable Windows 10 from automatically showing any (and all) of my currently installed pictures/images stored on my computer hard drive when simply asking Windows 10 a question or simply doing a search within the “Ask Me Anything” area in the bottom left corner of Windows 10?

Thanks
Hi acvegas and welcome to windowssh blog.

Do you mean that your personal photos show up in this area?
 

Hi acvegas and welcome to windowssh blog.
Do you mean that your personal photos how up in this area?
Yes. Correct simrick that is the exact area that I am speaking about where the pictures/images automatically appear without my authorization when doing a search on anything. I need the pictures/images to stop automatically appearing within this area off of my computer internal hard drive.

NOTE: windowssh blog member "Robert J" posted an alternative: "Indexing Options" (as shown posted above).....I think that is what I am looking for. I haven't had time to experiment with it as of yet .....must take off to work now and try it ("Indexing Options") later. But if you (simrick) or anyone else here at this forum have a simpler alternative configuration method please post it here; much appreciated. Thanks.

Yes that's the area....