Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Microsoft will pre-load Windows 10 ahead of general release on your..


Earlier today, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 will be released at the end of July on the 29th. In the FAQ's that the company posted about the release, we are learning a bit more about the process.

Microsoft is going to pre-load the OS on to your machine ahead of the general release to make the transition process go smoother. This shouldn't be a huge surprise as the company has shown that they can easily upgrade builds on the fly as they have been doing with the Insider program for several months.
Source

So it won't be downloaded in one neat ESD then? Not sure that's good news if we can't use that route to make a clean install?

I would think you could grab the ESD when you begin the upgrade.

I'm fairly positive you will be able to clean install. Microsoft is just giving less tech savvy users an easy way to upgrade. If it is pre-loaded on their machines it makes it a much easier update. Less server strain on Micorsoft if lots of users download and much quicker install for those upgrading

Also good for people that have metered connections, if it uses BITS. Picture wanting to upgrade and your pre-paid STOPS DEAD. If it can resume where it left off, great.

This is great news for me

Instead of getting an option to download it on the 29th and spending 5+hours downloading, it will be there just ready to install on that day

Personally, I'll wait and install it later, when I am sure I can get an ISO with the new OS. I will not do the upgrade. I honestly don't care about the date.

This is great news for me

Instead of getting an option to download it on the 29th and spending 5+hours downloading, it will be there just ready to install on that day

Personally, I'll wait and install it later, when I am sure I can get an ISO with the new OS. I will not do the upgrade. I honestly don't care about the date.
Same here. I'm in no rush to move to Win 10.

Same here. I'm in no rush to move to Win 10.
I am, on my Win8.1 desktop at least. On Windows 10 the Input Indicator doesn't have a life of it's own like on 8. It pops up like an unannounced visit from the inlaws.

Unless it's an ISO that can be burnt to an installation DVD for clean, stand alone install, I won't be using it. I'll wait.

Microsoft will pre-load Windows 10 ahead of general release on your..