Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

download issues


In windows 10, google store, when you download an app, where does it go?
I have downloaded a number of apps and I simply cant find them any where.


Cheechee

In windows 10, google store...
What "google store" are you talking about specifically in Windows 10?

In where the apps are there is an app that says Store. when you open it there are all these different apps. When you download I cant see where they go.

That's the Microsoft Store - similar to Google Store, but it houses Apps for Windows

When you install a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) App - it gets placed in %ProgramFiles%WindowsApps
This folder is hidden and access is limited.

Win10 allows you to save Apps installed after changing Storage > Save locations to a different drive
Only new Apps will be installed to the new location.
Apps Save Location - Change in Windows 10

That's the Microsoft Store - similar to Google Store, but it houses Apps for Windows

When you install a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) App - it gets placed in %ProgramFiles%WindowsApps
This folder is hidden and access is limited.

Win10 allows you to save Apps installed after changing Storage > Save locations to a different drive
Only new Apps will be installed to the new location.
Apps Save Location - Change in Windows 10
If you cant find the old Apps how do you delete them because it says that that app is already installed.
Please forgive me, I am new to the workings of a computer.
I have opened, Apps Save Location - Change in Windows 10, and I am totally lost.
Sorry.

Hi,
If you click on the Start Button in the lower left corner, The bottom option on the menu should be 'All Apps', click this and it should show whats been installed

For most apps, a right hand click on them in this list will give an uninstall option to remove them

If you cant find the old Apps how do you delete them because it says that that app is already installed.
Please forgive me, I am new to the workings of a computer.
..
It's good to know your experience level - I won't use tech shorthand

Don't worry about the Apps Save Location - that was my guess at where your inquiry was headed.

Troubleshooting in a forum is a bit difficult because members on this side of your monitor can't see what you see or know what you're trying to do.

Try to provide as much information as you can in your posts. Your topic is downloads and your initial post was "Where do the Apps go" - good so far

Your next post (quoted above) could be a bit more informative ... Are you trying to install an App and getting that message? If so, what App is it?

paulsalter's post explains how you would uninstall a UWP App very nicely.

Then again, I might have the question wrong. Often, it's a good idea to storyboard what you're trying to do.
Attach screenshots in your post, not every step - usually the screen showing the error is enough. If members need more, they'll ask
Screenshot - Take in Windows 10
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in windowssh blog[/B]

The program/app I downloaded and lost is called "TVCast (Chrome)".
I do know how to look for and delete/uninstall an app or program including uninstalling a program in the Control Panel.
As I have said I cant find this app anywhere plus the three other apps i downloaded as well. I cant remember their names.

As you can see it says that it is installed. But where I do not know.
I have checked both sides of the apps in the start menu, it is not there. I have checked Control Panel, Not there either.

TVCast (Chrome) is a Google Play app.
When you tried to install, it first asked you to sign in, then it asked you to " choose a device ". Yes ?
If yes, which device did you choose ?


See, I told you I might have the question wrong ....
You did originally say the Google Store - I thought you were confused, but no ... I was the one confused

Video & TV Cast | Chromecast
*** This app only works with a Google Chromecast, or a Google Cast / Android TV powered device***

Drat ... davidhk types faster - thanks david

download issues