Location:
State:
Carrier
Country
Status

Flash player works online, but not on my PC ?


For some reason that I can't work out Flash Player on my PC has suddenly stopped working.


I normally open PDF animations/videos on my machine with Adobe Acrobat.
I have downloadded the latest reader from Adobe but that is not working either.
I have downloaded and installed the latest version of the Adobe Flash plugin.


No matter which way I work it I get the yellow bar at the top of the PDF video to say that I must install the lates version of Flash to view the content.
I am seriously stuck !
Can anyone help ?

Hi:

It sounds as if there may be some confusion here, because of the many different software applications from Adobe?

Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader are for working with/creating/viewing PDF document files, not for viewing videos.

Adobe Flash Player is a browser plug-in used for viewing flash videos (not "PDF videos").

There are different versions of Adobe Flash Player for Firefox and similar browsers (NPAPI), versus for MS Internet Explorer (Active-X), vs. for Opera and similar, Chromium-based browsers (PPAPI).

AFAIK It is actually pre-installed with IE11 on Windows 10; someone will correct me if I am wrong (sorry, but I don't use IE). I am pretty sure the built-in Flash Player pre-installed with IE11 should auto-update.



  1. What browser are you using?
  2. What version of that browser?


Thanks,
MM

(It's important to keep Flash Player updated, because of security vulnerabilities.)

Thanks for the reply !

I have a number of PDF videos that I have always viewed in Adobe Acrobat, although I believe that version 9 and above of Acrobat Reader will also play them. When I open a PDF file with a embedded video I get this message in a yellow bar at the top of the screen........
"! To view Flash technology content in this file, please install the required version of Flash Player"

I get the same message when trying to view a stand alone PDF video ?

My installed version of Flash Player is "Adobe Flash Player 22 PPAPI" Version 22.0.0.209

I am using Google Chrome, but like I say I am not having problems online, YouTube works just fine.
It is only the stuff on my PC that wont work anymore.

Got it sorted !

I downloaded the latest version of Acrobat Reader then went to Help/Updates. There were two for windows, but only one was needed to get everything installed correctly. After that everything displayed OK in the new Acrobat Reader, and also in my current Acrobat Programme.

Thanks for trying MoxieMomma !
It is appreciated

Hi:

After that everything displayed OK in the new Acrobat Reader, and also in my current AcrobatProgramme
If you have Adobe ACROBAT (paid program), you do not need Adobe Acrobat READER (free program).
Acrobat does every thing Reader does AND a lot more.
If you have both programs installed for some reason, it's important to remember to keep both of them updated, for security reasons.
But if you have Adobe Acrobat, you can just uninstall Adobe Acrobate Reader.
(With Adobe's move to cloud-based programs and some product name changes, it's very confusing these days.)

Cheers,
MM

P.S. I'm not sure what you mean by "PDF videos", but if you are happy and everything is working OK for you, that's all that matters. Thanks for letting us know.

Hi:



If you have Adobe ACROBAT (paid program), you do not need Adobe Acrobat READER (free program).
Acrobat does every thing Reader does AND a lot more.
If you have both programs installed for some reason, it's important to remember to keep both of them updated, for security reasons.
But if you have Adobe Acrobat, you can just uninstall Adobe Acrobate Reader.
(With Adobe's move to cloud-based programs and some product name changes, it's very confusing these days.)

Cheers,
MM

P.S. I'm not sure what you mean by "PDF videos", but if you are happy and everything is working OK for you, that's all that matters. Thanks for letting us know.
Open a MP4 video in Acrobat, and save as a PDF. It will convert other video/sound formats too.

Hi:

Oh, I think I understand better now.
Perhaps you refer to this?

Add audio, video, and interactive objects to PDFs in Adobe Acrobat
Playing video, audio, and multimedia formats in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat

Thank you for the clarification.

Cheers,
MM

Flash player works online, but not on my PC ?